"INTONATION" is a festival of students sound engineers short-films. It is held every year aiming at demonstration and evaluation of the students’ and professors’ creative achievements in Cinematography and Television.
The INtonation Festival Awards and Diplomas
1. Regarding the results of meetings of the jury, the prizes are as follows:
- Grand Prix (awarded to the winner film's director and sound engineer);
- Award for Best Sound Engineering in a Short Feature Film;
- Award for Best Sound Engineering in a Documentary Film;
- Award for Best Sound Engineering in an Animated Film;
- Award for Best Sound Engineering Debut;
- Award for Best Original Score;
- Audience Award;
- Special Jury Prize in honor of Elena Sladkovskaya "For the Beauty and Sincerity of Intonations”
- Special Jury Prize in honor of Aliakper Hasan-Zade "For the Search of the Absolute and its Embodiment”;
- Special Jury Prize in honor of Gregory Frank "For Uniqueness»;
- Special Jury Prize in honor of Boris Andreev "For the Expressiveness of the Sound Design”;
- Special jury prizes.
2. The jury has a right to nominate some individual features of works in the Festival.
3. If a prize-winner of the InTONATION Festival has no opportunity to get his/her prize during the closing ceremony, the prize can be given to the winner after the Festival completion in the Organizing Committee. The prize can be given to members of a creative group of the winning film.
Terms for Films Participation in the Contest Programme
1. The INtonation Festival admits to participation films of students and trainees of SPUFT and foreign film schools (films made during the education process, as well as yearly works and graduation works), which have not been submitted to the INtonation Festivals before. It is allowed to submit to the INtonation Festival not more than two works for each nomination from one student majoring in the Sound Directing of Audiovisual Arts.
2. Film length shall not be more than 30 minutes. The films are registered by the Organizing Committee of the INtonation Festival according to the registrations on https://intonfest.ru/ filled in by the authors.
3. Films submitted to the INtonation Festival participation shall have captions and copyright in compliance with the established rules.
4. Copy of a film on a digital media and a link for film downloading shall be given to the Sound Directing Department of SPUFT marked with: Film Title, Author, Length.
5. Copies of films on digital media submitted to the INtonation Festival participation shall not be given back to authors but kept in the Contest-Festival archive.
6. Films submitted to the INtonation Festival participation are considered by the Organizing Committee.
7. Films selected and not selected by the Organizing Committee shall not be reviewed.
8. Date, show time and place in the competition programme of a selected film are defined by the Organizing Committee of the INtonation Festival.
9. Films submitted to the festival should exclude elements of propaganda, violence, nationalism, racism or desecration of religion.
10. Films submitted to the festival should exclude elements of content that is prohibited on the territory of the Russian Federation.
11. Only films that have not participated in the "INtonation" festival before are allowed to be submitted.