The 19th IAWRT Asian Women’s Film Festival will be held from 7th – 9th March, 2024 at New Delhi, India. IAWRT India organizes this unique Asian women’s film festival each year to mark the International Women’s Day. Launched in 2005, the IAWRT film festival has over the years positioned itself with a conscious effort to showcase narratives weaved by Asian women filmmakers and grown in strength and reputation, with participation from around the world.
Over the last 19 years, the festival has travelled to many Indian cities, and the curated package of films from the festival has been screened at other festivals across the world. The IAWRT film festival endeavors to showcase work by women filmmakers of Asian origin, from around the world.
Non Competitive festival
- All genres - short fiction/fiction feature, non-fiction, animation, experimental and student films are welcome.
- The Director should be a woman or who identifies as a woman and is of Asian origin. residing in any part of the world.
- In case the film has more than one Director, then at least one of them should be a woman or who identifies as a woman and is of Asian origin, residing in any part of the world.
- Films made between October 1, 2022- October 1, 2023, are eligible for entry. The last date for submission is December 1, 2023.
- Participants may send multiple entries, but separate forms are required for each entry.
- Films made in any language other than English are required to be subtitled in English. The jury will view the films with English subtitles only in such cases.
- All required permissions from copyright holders should be acquired before entering the work into the 19th IAWRT Asian Women’s film festival.
- All image formats and aspect ratios will be accepted. The sound requirement of our festival venue is that it be mono mixed on two channels.
- Films that are already available online, will not be considered for the festival.
- If a film is selected, the copyright holders of the film should permit free-of-cost public screening at the festival and at any related events. As a policy, the festival does not pay screening fees for the selected entries.
- If a film is selected, we require high res .MOV file to be submitted to us no later than January 30th, 2024.
- Please specify if we have permission for your film to be a part of the traveling packages.
Preview & Screening
Please complete and submit the entry form by 11:59 pm IST on 1st December 2023.