iFilm Festival is a Los Angeles-based film festival that showcases independently funded films from all around the world. Throughout its existence, it was supported by global film industry brands such as Final Draft, Zacuto, Movie Magic by Entertainment Partners, McKee Seminars, and others.
The festival allows filmmakers to submit their films for FREE and have a chance to win cash prizes, film software, equipment, seats at seminars, and more.
Among iFilm's alumni are nominees from the OSCARS, Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival, and Sundance, just to name a few.
*The competition is limited to 1 (one) submission per person per category. Please DON'T submit the same film to multiple categories.
• Best Short Film
• Jury Prize
• Best Animated Short Film
• Best Documentary Short Film
• Best Student Short Film
• Best American Short Film (for films produced and shot in the United States)
• Best Christian Short Film (for films about Christian principles, the Bible, or anything related to Christianity)
• Best Short Film - $1,000 USD cash prize sponsored by HUNTERS HOUSE ENTERTAINMENT & ZERO1 AGENCY
• Best Christian Short Film - $1,000 USD cash prize sponsored by TENTH CHARITY
• Other awards - prizes from partners and sponsors (to be announced)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Submissions close on January 31st, 2024. iFilm Festival reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
2. iFilm Festival's competitions are not open to its employees, jury members, or members of their families or agents.
3. The competition is limited to 1 (one) submission per person per category.
4. Films that have been submitted to iFilm Festival during previous seasons are not allowed to enter the current season's competition. The 2024 season accepts films completed in 2023 and 2022 only.
5. Selections and Winners will be notified by e-mail. The announced decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Where a competition is open to all age groups, iFilm Festival assumes that by entering the competition and if an entrant is under 18, that the entrant's parents have consented to enter into the competition, and these Terms & Conditions.
7. By submitting a film, the entrant agrees to Terms & Conditions of iFilm Festival.
8. By submitting a film, the entrant grants iFilm Festival the rights to: have a film screened at iFilm Festival event at no charge; use a film and its elements for promotional purposes on ifilmfest.org, iFilm Festival’s Social Media pages, and more.
9. By submitting a film, an entrant warrants to iFilm Festival that an entrant obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film and that the film does not infringe the rights, including copyright, of any third party.
10. The entrant and any third parties involved with the film agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless iFilm Festival, its board, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from all claims and demands, losses, damages, costs, and liabilities relating to any films submitted to this festival.
11. Films submitted will be considered for awards for all suitable Festival categories. The circumstance may arise that an award and/or prize will not be given if no film is deemed outstanding in a category.
12. iFilm Festival reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If we do this, we will publish the amended competition rules on the relevant competition page.
13. iFilm Festival reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe an entrant has breached any of the competition rules.
14. Entrant agrees in no way to abuse the online system, whether by way of spamming or in any other way. Entrant may not reproduce, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit any resource or access to any resource contained on ifilmfest.org. Entrant is also prohibited from, again in its widest sense, undertaking any action which compromises the security of ifilmfest.org or any other site, or that of any other user.
15. We take no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any sites which may be linked to ifilmfest.org.
16. If you believe that any content appearing on ifilmfest.org infringes your intellectual property rights, please get in touch in writing through our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
17. We are not liable at all for any loss or damage which you might incur through your use of ifilmfest.org in any way at all. This includes, but is not limited to, any damage to a person or property which might arise. If under the relevant law, we are so liable, then our liability cannot exceed the amount of any expense incurred by you in using ifilmfest.org website.
18. Winners of any prizes acknowledge that the ultimate responsibility for reporting and paying federal, state, and municipal individual income taxes from the prizes, is the Winner's sole responsibility.
19. Winners of any cash prizes acknowledge that all costs and expenses associated with cash prizes is the Winner's sole responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, bank wire transfer fees, and foreign currency conversion rates.