Huntington Beach is a seaside city of 200,000 residents within Orange County in Southern California. Known for its beautiful beach, mild climate, and excellent surfing, it earned the nickname of Surf City USA. This event is sponsored by the Huntington Beach Human Relations Committee.
MISSION & BACKGROUND:
The Huntington Beach Human Relations Committee (HBHRC) inspires and promotes mutual understanding, respect, safety and the wellbeing of all in our community through education and engagement. The Huntington Beach community-wide effort to promote human dignity is an important element in building a better community.
25TH ANNIVERSARY EVENT:
The HBHRC was founded on April 7, 1997. We are especially grateful for the vision of our founders, Ralph Bauer and Shirley Dettloff, and the leadership of founding Chairperson Kenneth Inouye. Now, 25 years later, we are still going strong. As we honor our history and embrace our future, we are now looking for a new logo to support our renewed vision and mission!
Our theme for 2022 is "Dignity. Empathy. Strength." We want our logo to embody the spirit of this theme and honor our history and our mission to promote human dignity and promote mutual understanding, respect, safety and the wellbeing of all in our community.
Our current logo is displayed in the square on this FilmFreeway page. Will your artwork usher in our next phase? Think outside the box!
All submissions earning a "Finalist" status will receive digital laurels.
** Our 3rd place Submission will receive a $25 gift card, a digital certificate signed by elected officials, and digital laurels.
** Our 2nd Place Submission will receive a $50 gift card, a digital certificate signed by elected officials, and digital laurels.
** Our 1st Place Submission will receive a $100 gift card, a digital certificate signed by elected officials, and digital laurels and their logo design will become the new logo for the Huntington Beach Human Relations Committee.
Additionally, all participants might have the opportunity to attend additional events with HRC Officers and be featured as the logo redesign contest winner!
NOTE: We accept both digital and hand drawn submissions.
1. You may submit up to TWO logo designs. However, each design must be submitted separately.
2. All designs should include the committee name: Huntington Beach Human Relations Committee
3. All designs should include our tagline: Empathy. Dignity. Strength.
4. All final designs should fit within a 900x900 px (square shape).
5. You MAY NOT submit more than two logo designs. If you submit more than two, the other submissions will be disqualified.
6.. All minors must have a digital signature from a parent or guardian in order for the design to be accepted for consideration.
7. All high school students who reside in or attend school in Huntington Beach or Huntington Beach School districts are eligible to submit.
ACCEPTABLE SUBMISSION FORMATS:
1. We only accept submissions via FilmFreeway.
2. Acceptable submission formats are jpg, png, or PDFs. If your submission is selected as the final logo design winner, we will require a high resolution format. Our committee will work with you to obtain the proper format, resolution and size requirements.
3. If your submission is labeled as "Incomplete" we will contact you with additional instructions. After 2 or more days of being "Incomplete" the project may be disqualified.
4. If submitting a password-protected project, please remember to include passwords, if applicable. Also, be sure the password is correct. If the project contains an incorrect password, we will make attempts to reach you for correction or assistance. If there is no response, the submissions may be disqualified.
By submitting a project to the Huntington Beach Human Relations Committee Event, the applicant confirms and warrants that s/he is entitled to submit the project to the HBHRC and has authorization and consent from the owners of copyright and related rights, any trademarked content and/or other subject matter of intellectual property on the content included within the submission. The City of Huntington Beach and all its affiliates, will not and cannot be held liable for any infringements.
Furthermore, by submitting to the HBHRC event, the applicant guarantees that all rights are cleared, declares to be the owner of the rights in the work submitted and that he/she is authorized to grant rights of usage and/or to transfer it to third parties. PLEASE NOTE: If your submission does not have proper releases and user rights, it may be disqualified.
The HBHRC, its representatives, authorized persons and/or employees shall not be held responsible for any unauthorized inclusion of any content that might be the basis for third parties’ claims.
The applicant shall protect and fully indemnify the HBHRC, all of its representatives, authorized persons and/or employees against all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses arising out of or in connection with claims by third parties in relation to the submission.