It can be said that one of the most important social and family problems of today is the issue of “Violence Against Women”. This problem is simply a situation that exists in many countries of the world not only in Turkey.In this respect, the reports prepared by international organizations every year reveal the problem strikingly with its statistical dimension.
To protect the family structure, to be able to say no to all kinds of violence against women, to examine the source of violence against women visually, to raise awareness, to mobilize social sensitivity, to raise awareness of individuals on this issue, to create designs that contain messages for empathy of the opposite sex, and these products as an educational material when necessary. It is a need to ensure that it is used. This effort can be done individually or socially. However, it cannot be said that this is at a sufficient level now and that it has been achieved by using different media. Therefore, it can be stated that especially public institutions and universities should make more efforts in this regard. In addition, applications that are not used much but have high impact value when used, thanks to their visibility, the use of these images on many areas and products and the awareness created by the public attention when used, highlight the art / design activities. For this reason, it has been planned to organize an international short film competition “Violence Against Women”.
The competition will be visible and raise awareness in many countries of the world thanks to an international jury to be established. Competition juries will be made up of people working in the field of professional and academic work both in Turkey and abroad. With the active participation of the followers of these juries and the people who want to participate in the competition, the aimed awareness will be achieved to a great extent. In addition, watching films and even using them as educational material will increase the sustainability and impact value of the films that will emerge after the competition. For this reason, organizing and using an international short film competition constitutes the scope of the project. If accepted by the producer / producers, the films ranking the highest in the short film competition can be shown on national and international TV channels, especially local channels, if deemed appropriate. On November 25, 2021, 15 finalist films (in competition) and 15 films (out of competition) will be selected and screened.
Best Fiction Film Award 20.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement
Fiction Jury Special Award Certificate of Achievement
Best Animation Film Award 20.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement
Animation Jury Special Award Certificate of Achievement
Best Documentary Film Award 20.000 TL and Certificate of Archievement
Documentary Jury Special Award Certificate of Achievement
1) The competition is open to everyone in Turkey and the World, except the first-degree relatives of the jury and jury members.
2) The works to participate in the competition do not contain political and ideological symbols or discourses; It should be suitable for human rights, general morality, social peace and family structure. Works that do not meet these conditions will be excluded from evaluation.
3) The theme of the films that will participate in the competition must be of a nature that includes the attitude towards violence against women directly or indirectly. Determining the suitability of the film for the theme is under the responsibility of the competition jury.
4) Films submitted are limited to a maximum of 15 minutes. If the jury deems necessary, it reserves all its rights in the time limit.
5) The competition is open to works in the genre of “Fiction, documentary and animation”.
6) Productions completed after January 1st, 2018 can participate in the competition.
7) In order to be evaluated in each category of the competition, at least 15 films must have applied, but the organizing board reserves the right to change this number if deemed necessary.
8) A person can participate with a maximum of 2 works, but a separate application form must be filled in for each film. In addition, even if a director makes more than one application, only one award is awarded.
9) The English subtitles of films whose original language is not Turkish should be submitted in a separate file. Films prepared in a language other than Turkish must also submit the .srt file.
10) Non-original (excerpt) text, images, music etc. in the short films to be sent to the competition. Any copyright arising from their use is the responsibility of the competitor. Legal responsibility arising in this context belongs to the owner of the work. The organizing board cannot be held legally responsible for this situation. Governorship of Kütahya and Kütahya Dumlupınar University Faculty of Fine Arts cannot be held legally responsible for this situation.
11) The fact that the films / films have participated in any festival and / or competition before or have received an award does not prevent them from applying to the competition.
12) If it is determined the contest organizing committee may change the calendar of the award ceremony in the program, if necessary, provided that it is announced on the official website and obtains the necessary permissions.
13) Kütahya Governorship and Kütahya Dumlupınar University Faculty of Fine Arts have the non-commercial screening right of all short films that pass the pre-selection.
14) It is obligatory that the works must have the quality of picture and sound suitable for display. Films that do not comply with the conditions specified in the specification and are recorded incorrectly will be excluded from the competition without warning the participating director.
15) Authors who apply for the competition cannot withdraw their films from the festival after the deadline.
16) If the short films sent exceed a certain number, a pre-jury can be formed.
17) Authors who apply for the competition cannot withdraw their films from the festival after the deadline.
18) If the short films sent exceed a certain number, a pre-jury can be formed.
19) The Films must be at least 1080p resolution, mp4, mpeg2 or mov format.
20) In the application, 3 screenshots and 1 director photo must be uploaded.
21) Participation in the competition is free.
22) Organizing Board, Kütahya Governorship and Kütahya Dumlupınar University, Faculty of Fine Arts has the authority to decide on other matters not specified in this regulation.