The festival “Hero” is meant to be a platform for pondering and discussing the moral compass for modern youth. The festival organizers believe that it is one of the most important educational topics. Such values as patriotism, tolerance, and traditional virtues are discussed at all the festival events in some or other way. All the festival material is chosen in accordance with multi-genre and multi-cultural approaches. The concept of hero is represented in all spheres, and in all film genres (fiction film, animated film, documentary): a hero that inspires us to perform good deeds, accomplishes small and major feats every second, and helps us to determine life values, priorities and our moral compass.
The idea of searching a modern hero provides food for thought at the discussion panels both for cinema professionals and audience. The development of the film industry for children is the question of present interest for professionals – who is the hero for children and adolescents? A discussion club for children is to be organized after watching a film.
The festival traces its origins back to 2018 when it was held in All-Russian format. II International Film Festival for Children and Youth "Hero" will be the only international film festival for children and youth on the territory from Eastern Siberia to Sakhalin. The appearance of a professional film contest festival for children in Krasnoyarsk is another reminder of how important it is to make films for young viewers. Moreover, the festival supports those rare filmmakers who create and promote this part of cinematography nowadays.
Festival will take from 19 to 23 may, 2022 in Krasnoyarsk Region. The jury of "Hero" will include foreign experts, both domestic and foreign films will be included in the program. Creative meetings, lectures, educational laboratories, round tables/discussion platforms and thematic workshops will be held during the festival.
- The receipt of applications for participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival is carried out from December 01, 2021 to February 20, 2022 inclusive in electronic form by e-mail of the Organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org and on the website http://www.geroyfilm.ru.
- Making of programs of competitive and non-competitive film screenings of the Festival is carried out by the Selection Board up to March 15, 2022 inclusive.
- The applicant must have exclusive or non-exclusive rights to use the submitted film and (or) the rights to assign usage rights to other persons.
- The participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival is free of charge. The applicant can file several applications for participation of a film (a creative work) in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival.
- A creative work can be collective or individual.
- The competitive program films are accepted according to the following categories:
feature-length films, production years: 2020-2022, running time from 50 to 240 minutes;
feature short films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 3 to 49 minutes;
full-length animated films, production years: 2020-2022, running time from 50 to 180 minutes;
animated short films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 1 to 49 minutes;
documentary films, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 3 to 100 minutes;
special nomination for children: “Who is your hero?”, production years: 2021-2022, running time from 1 to 49 minutes.
- Requirements to the competitive work.
The competitive program films are accepted in the DCP and HD formats.
The non-competitive program films are accepted in the DCP, HD and DVD formats. Films are provided through the download link no later than May 01, 2022; films in the DCP format must be provided with a public key from May 01 to May 23, 2022 and from May 24 to June 30, 2022 for participation in the program “Echo of the Festival”.
Films in languages other than Russian are necessarily provided with English subtitles (obligatory) and Russian subtitles (if available). Films in Russian are provided with English subtitles.
All films of the competitive program must be submitted with the subtitle cue sheet in English.
Films that were not selected for participation in the competitive program, can be screened during the non-competitive program upon prior approval of the rights holder.
It is necessary to provide a link to the film with English subtitles for its screening in the online mode, or a link to download the film's light version via a file sharing service in the application. It is recommended to use file sharing services with the unlimited file storage period which can continue until the end of the Festival (Yandex Disk, Mail.ru Cloud, Google Drive, etc.).
- With the submission of the application for participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival, authors give their consent: to the royalty-free use of the film for non-commercial purposes in social programs, charity events and other projects; to the posting of the film on the Internet (with specification of the author) for the Festival popularization purposes.
- The submission of the application for participation in the Festival supposes the author(s) consent to the film screenings: within the Festival in the city of Krasnoyarsk, and in the towns of Divnogorsk, Norilsk, Uzhur, and in a rural locality Aban of the Krasnoyarsk region from May 19 to May 23, 2022; within the events of the program “Echo of the Festival”, which will be held in the Krasnoyarsk region from May 24 to June 30, 2022 inclusive. The submission of the application also supposes the author(s) consent to usage of the film's fragments for the video clip and CD about the Festival.
- The participant of the competitive and/or non-competitive programs of the Festival on his/her part guarantees the compliance with standards of the civil legislation of the Russian Federation.
The person who submitted the application for participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival incurs liability in case of copyright infringement claims, that arose from the submission of the film.
In case of third-party demands, complaints and lawsuits, including ones from the rights holders of the provided works, the participant of the Festival is obliged to settle them unilaterally, on his/her own and at his/her own expense.
- The participation in the Festival supposes transferring of rights to broadcast the film's fragments (10% of the film overall running time, but no more than three minutes) to Russian and international channels. The same rights are stipulated for posting of the film fragments on the Internet.
- Creative works which contain the advocacy of violence, drugs, smoking, alcoholism, incitement to racial or national hatred, and offence to human dignity are not allowed and will not be accepted for participation in the competitive and non-competitive programs of the Festival.
- All films that were selected for participation in the Festival upon the consent of their rights holders can be included in the Organizer's film foundation and can be screened for cultural and educational purposes within special events of the Organizer of the Festival without limit in time.