Welcome to GAZE: Ireland’s International LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
Every year since 1992 we have screened an eclectic programme of new international cinema that explores the experience of being an LGBTQ+ person.
We celebrate new queer storytelling and our exciting programme of screenings and events engages audiences and artists in a vibrant social experience here in our home town of Dublin, Ireland.
2022 is a milestone year, our 30th anniversary. We have been going strong since before homosexuality was even made legal in Ireland, and we are still here with our vibrant community.
We welcome the submission of films across our three categories of Irish Short Film, International Short Film, and Feature Film.
The GAZE Jury will award prizes for Best Irish Short Film, Best International Short Film, Best Feature Film, and Best Documentary (of any length).
Good luck, sláinte is táinte!
Best Irish Short
Best International Short
Best Feature Film
Spirit of Gaze Award:
Awarded by the Board of GAZE
1. GAZE International LGBT Film Festival is presented in association with our sponsors Accenture Ireland, the Arts Council of Ireland and Dublin City Council.
2. The aim of GAZE film festival is to showcase the latest and greatest of international LGBTQ+ cinema, and to help foster and promote the Irish LGBTQ+ filmmaking community.
3. GAZE is an annual event taking place in the Light House Cinema and Irish Film Institute, Dublin, with an online component created in 2020.
4. Feature films, documentaries and short films of any genre or subject matter are open for unsolicited submission to the festival via FilmFreeway.
5. Feature film, documentaries and short films of any genre or subject matter are also selected by invitation by the festival.
6. Entries to GAZE Film Festival must have been produced within the last two years. Priority is given to Irish premieres. However, this is not prerequisite to selection for the festival. Films which are available online, or have received a theatrical or video release in Ireland, will not ordinarily be considered for the festival.
7. Viewing material is accepted via online link (password protected) or downloadable file. If you do not have an online link or downloadable format for the film, please contact us directly.
8. GAZE bestows a number of awards at the end of the festival, selected by a jury. Please note that these awards are symbolic and have no monetary value.
9. All foreign language films that are submitted to the festival must be subtitled in English. Films in the English language should be provided with Closed Captioning for Deaf and hard-of-hearing audience members.
10. GAZE Film Festival will not alter selected films in any way for their festival screening.
11. Excerpts from films will only be shown for promotional purposes if permission is obtained from the producer.
12. GAZE Film Festival is a public event, with a number of accredited filmmakers, jury members, distributors, film programmers and press in attendance.
13. The regular submissions deadline for GAZE Film Festival is midnight on June 6th 2022. Films should be submitted online through FilmFreeway. Selection notifications for the festival will be made by the end of July 2022.
14. Submission of a film represents agreement with the regulations set forth here.