GIFF Program 2021
'Story in a Minute'
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS
We are inviting all the filmmakers globally to submit a one-minute
Due to the #Covid19 pandemic where social distancing is a must, we are hosting our event through online streaming on our website. It will be accessible to everyone globally (not geo-blocking). We look forward to your enthusiastic involvement in GIFF by submitting short films you have made from 2010 onwards.
A complete schedule of the virtual event will be shared on our website and social media platforms 07 days prior to online streaming.
The festival is non-competitive.
Criteria & Categories
1- The festival theme is open and it is non-competitive in categories of fiction, experimental, animation, travel, food and documentary films. The duration of the films should not be more than 60 seconds including credits. There is no entry fee to submit a film. English subtitles must be embedded in the film.
2 - The participating films of the festival will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our website & social media pages.
1 - Content of the submitted film(s) should be creative and completely original including the sound/music used and should not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
2 - Under no circumstances should the content of the films contain any offensive language, violence, religious content or hate speech, defamatory content, politically sensitive topics, material or comment and sexual innuendos or nudity.
3 - Any film containing one or more of the above mentioned will be disqualified.
1 - All films must have been made 2010 onwards.
2 - Films should be submitted in Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080p) .mp4 or .mov format.
3 - All submissions must be sent to the official festival email firstname.lastname@example.org in combination with a web-based file transfer platform Dropbox or WeTransfer or a link to a file hosting service Vimeo or YouTube.
Please include a press kit (short trailer, stills, logline, synopsis, cast and crew bios) where possible, to help speed up the process and ensure that you read all the Terms & Conditions at the bottom of the page before making your submission.
The festival may use up to 10 percent of the entry’s running time for promotional purposes.
Terms & Condition:
By entering GIFF Program2021, you agree to follow its rules and guidelines.
1. The festival theme is open.
2. There is no entry fee to submit a film.
3. All films must have been made 2010 onwards. No films before 2010 are eligible.
4. The duration of the short films should not be more than 70 secs including credits.
5. The film should contain embedded subtitles in English.
6. There is no restriction to the number of films that can be submitted by an individual or an entity. However, each submitted film requires a separate submission form.
7. All submissions must be sent to the festival email email@example.com in combination with a web-based file transfer platform Dropbox or WeTransfer or file hosting service Vimeo or YouTube or via submit https://festhome.com/f/5806
8. Films that have been broadcasted on television, and/or are available to view in full online, are still eligible for submission.
9. By sending your submission to participate in our festival, you agree that your trailer & posters will be uploaded on our website and our social networks' pages.
10. The festival has the right to screen these films on any collaboration festival or media.
11. All copyrights and intellectual properties belong to their authors and will be properly quoted.
12. The festival will not bear any expenses for participants nor provide any screening fees.
13. Submitting your film to the GIFF is not a guarantee of selection.
14. GIFF will communicate all details through email communications only, please give authorized email and respond to emails ASAP. No phone call inquires.
15. All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
16. The decision of the festival programmers is final and not questionable.
17. The festival organizers reserve the right to suspend and/or modify the festival if necessary.