UPDATE: Unfortunately, Vivid Sydney 2020 has been cancelled on the recommendations of the Australian Government and health authorities regarding non-essential, organised gatherings of more than 500 people. Vivid Sydney will shine brighter than ever in 2021! Please stay safe and stay tuned for updates as we navigate the unfolding situation for our 9th season. All submissions will still be judged and an Official Selection will still be screened at a later, safer date at a location TBD.
Freshflix is once again teaming up with Vivid Ideas to present the 9th season of incredible short films held at on the top floor of Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art overlooking the stunning Vivid lights of Circular Quay!
This event will once again showcase the brightest shining new talents of Australian and international independent film as they explode onto the silver screen as a part of the world-class Sydney Vivid festival. Following the main festival event will be a special late night screening of romance, mystery and wayward short films!
Our past events have set the tone with blazing sunsets, live music and art and a heck of a cinematic experience... Our inaugural event was set on a clifftop amidst the distant roar of crashing waves, another two warehouse parties with a Japanese food truck and banging great inner city vibes, a banquet feast followed by a film party in a craft brewery, a Freshflix showcase at the epic Roxy Theatre and a massive day of Hollywood high life in Los Angeles at the historical Raleigh Studios!
There will be awards.
There will be beverages.
And by golly, there will be a sensational time had by all.
Open for submissions of films under 20 mins.
Don't have a film to submit yet? Stay in touch through www.facebook.com/freshflixfest
Tickets on sale soon through:
Over 6k worth of prizes including Rode microphones, Final Draft software, filmmaking mentorships, Camera Hire vouchers, production music, and more as well as badass golden trophies!
Best Sound Design
Best Horror/Thriller/Sci Fi
"Frothing Female" WIFT award
Over $10K prize value thanks to our sponsors Rode, Final Draft, Camera Hire, Audio Network & Women In Film & Television (WIFT)
1. The main festival accepts any genre; the specialty late night screening will showcase a curated selection of romance, mystery and wayward tales.
2. Entries must be received by midnight PST April 28
3. Entries cannot be withdrawn after midnight PST April 28
4. The producer grants Freshflix Film Festival the rights to exhibit the film in the current season of Freshflix Film Festival and subsequent 'Best Of' tour, if selected.
5. The producer warrants to Freshflix Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film to the festival, and the film does not infringe the rights of any third party, including copyright (including the use of music, literary or other material)
6. If your film is selected for the this season of Freshflix Film Festival, you will be sent confirmation via email by May 16
7. Uploads/hard drives of files must be received by midnight May 20