NAS NEO, a weekly after-hours event series at Darlinghurst’s National Art School is having it's FINALE NIGHT and partnering with the indie film team from Freshflix to bring you an exclusive fun-filled inspiring night of kick-ass open-access industry schmooze session and killer short films from Australia and around the world. … AND….Are you sitting down? Here is the best part. It’s FREE!
It all kicks off on Thursday, June 30th at 6pm at the National Art School Cell Block Theatre with the not-to-be-missed Gatekeepers Campfire session. Essential information what it takes to get your projects made and seen by the right people – straight from the mouths of the people who have the power to greenlight your projects. Executives from the funding agencies, streamers, broadcasters and production companies.
Following Gatekeeper Campfire session will be a screening of KILLER SHORTS from around the world.
Because this is NAS NEO's FINALE event, there will be smoozing and some incredible live music to close out this epic event.
Freshflix is an Australian film festival that presents the crème de la crème of Aussie and international shorts whilst making an absolute red hot night of it! Now in its tenth season, previous years have been set atop frothing ocean cliffs, afloat in glittery Darling Harbour, at Hollywood’s iconic Raleigh studios and rooftop at the stunning MCA to celebrate and elevate what Freshflix is all about: cracking shorts and the legends who make them.
*** Please only submit films within these genres for this season.***
All submission fees will be donated to the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
More info on NAS/NEO: https://nas.edu.au/nas-neo/
The Audience Choice winner from each night will receive a 1-year membership to Australians in Film as well as 1 year of access to Australians in Film’m coveted Charlie’s office workspace at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood.
1. Horror, Thriller and Comedy films must be received by the listed KILLER SHORTS deadline.
2. Entries must be received by midnight on the listed deadline.
3. Entries cannot be withdrawn after midnight on the listed deadline.
4. The producer grants Freshflix Film Festival the rights to exhibit the film in the current season of Freshflix Film Festival and subsequent 'Best Of' tour, if selected.
5. The producer warrants to Freshflix Film Festival that they have obtained all the necessary permissions to enter this film to the festival, and the film does not infringe the rights of any third party, including copyright (including the use of music, literary or other material)
6. If your film is selected for KILLER SHORTS, you will be sent confirmation via email by June 16th.
7. Uploads of files must be received at least 4 days prior to the event.