Since 2014, FILMFORT has been showcasing the very best in independent cinema. Send us your latest work and come kick it in BOISE, IDAHO — MARCH 20-24, 2024!
We love all kinds of films, but if you dig through our archives you’ll notice we gravitate toward fiction and nonfiction films that push the boundaries of form and genre. Stylistically, our selections cover the gamut: polished, gritty, ethereal or DIY. All fair game. Make us laugh, cry, feel squeamish, get pissed... MAKE US FEEL THINGS!
IMPORTANT NOTE: Filmfort does not accept, screen, preview, and/or program films that have been playing festivals for more than one year. Once in a blue moon we will make exceptions...We recommend emailing us first. Branded documentaries and/or tourism videos are ineligible and if submitted will not be screened, nor will they receive a refund. Films that have already screened in the greater Boise area (including Nampa, Garden City, Eagle, etc.) are in ineligible. Please be mindful of our festival dates and ***READ THE RULES & TERMS BELOW*** before submitting.
Lastly, please note that by submitting your films here they might also be considered and/or included in our radical screening series: MICRODOSE.
PRESS FOR FILMFORT &
TREEFORT MUSIC FEST
"25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World."
— MOVIEMAKER MAGAZINE
"Idaho's Treefort is better than the mega-festivals."
"Rivaling the early years of SXSW in ambition, scope, and youthful verve...every film programmed is unmissable."
— HAMMER TO NAIL
"Treefort is certainly a music festival, featuring an incomprehensible 460 bands, but it's also nine other festivals: Comedyfort, Filmfort, Hackfort, Yogafort, Storyfort, Alefort, Foodfort, Kidfort and Skatefort."
"There is a different category of festival that Treefort Music Fest in Boise falls into. It’s the type that takes over a whole town, utilizing every venue space it can find to book bands both big and small."
— CONSEQUENCE OF SOUND
"In Boise, there’s a club you want to belong to. It’s a club that loves music and the all of the arts, celebrates the Pacific Northwest homegrown passion and gathers each year for Treefort Music Fest."
ARTIST WRISTBANDS / 5-DAY PASSES
Attending filmmakers will receive a wristband(s) providing full 5-day access to Treefort Music Fest, hundreds of bands, as well as access to all other Forts and artist lounges across the festival.
Filmfort's wristband policy is to provide 1x for short films, 2x for feature-length films — reserved for filmmakers with above-the-line credit only. If special circumstances apply, or additional members of your cast or crew wish to attend, please contact the Festival Director to discuss your situation. Upon request, Filmfort is able to provide up to 4x individual single-screening tickets, if for example, you have family members present who wish to attend.
PLEASE NOTE: Romantic partners, friends uninvolved and/or uncredited in the film, family, etc. are not eligible to receive a complimentary All Access pass or complimentary lodging. These are reserved for artists. Thank you.
• Filmfort accepts submissions for short, medium, and feature-length fiction and nonfiction, animation, and hybrid films of any genre. We don't necessarily care if your film is already online, as long as it isn't older than one year at the time of our festival dates. However if we're forced to make a choice between two exceptional films, one of which is already online, we'll most likely program the one that isn't already available on the internet.
• We strongly encourage you to submit finished work, however if your film is close but not-quite-complete, you may submit a *fine cut* (we do not accept rough cuts) as long as you state in the description or video thumbnail which elements are missing... Filmfort's team consists of filmmakers who have shown at some of the world's top festivals, so we're capable of looking beyond something as innocuous as an unfinished color grade. If you're on the fence or unsure if your film is eligible, send us an email and we're happy to discuss.
YOUR FILM IS *INELIGIBLE* IF....
• General — It has been playing festivals and/or online for more than one year (please review our festival dates before submitting).
• Festival — Any exhibition held in the greater Boise/Garden City area and/or as part of another film festival in town.
• Theatrical — Any commercial exhibition within the U.S.
• Television — Any broadcast available to U.S. audiences.
• Blu-Ray/DVD — Any commercial distribution in the U.S.
• Music & Content Rights — It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant and/or Artist to clear all content of the Film/Project from any and all actual or potential legal claims and issues, including, without limitation, claims based upon theories of libel, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of rights of publicity, theft, breach of confidence, breach of confidential relationship, and breach of express or implied contract (“Third Party Claim(s)”). In the event that any Third Party Claim(s) shall be asserted by any person or entity, the Applicant and/or Artist shall fully hold harmless, indemnify and defend Filmfort, Treefort Music Fest, the Festival, and each of their representatives and affiliates from any liability in connection therewith and from any and all fees and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, that each of any of them may incur in connection therewith.
In a nutshell... by submitting your film here, you agree that all rights have been secured.
Filmfort strongly prefers Vimeo links with downloads enabled. Links must remain active and accessible through March 31, 2024. Discs or physical media formats will not be accepted for consideration.
Exhibition Quality MP4; DCP for specified films only.
SHIPPING & EXHIBITION DETAILS
If selected to screen during the festival, the cost of print shipping is the responsibility of the artists, producers, and/or distributor. The festival cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials while in transit.
NOTE: If your film is accepted, the information you have provided on FilmFreeway may be used on Treefort Music Fest's website and/or for various marketing purposes.