***The Film-maker Season 6 Call for Entries is Open.***
The South Florida PBS film-maker project call for entries is open. And as always this festival for South Florida made films is free to enter with winning entries going to broadcast as Season 6 of the local and nationally syndicated public media program, “film-maker.” Entries are being accepted through December 31, 2023. Films are chosen for broadcast by a panel of working filmmakers and representatives from cinematic arts organizations in the region.
Is there a catch? Yep. It’s got to be local baby!
Local director, local crew, local talent, locally filmed – Key West to Sebastian Inlet, and from the Atlantic coast to the Everglades. Oh, and your film must be under 28 minutes, never broadcast, less than 2 years old, and with limited or no profanity or nudity.
The film-maker series has proudly aired 100 films across its five seasons. All of those films were made by our neighbors, right here in South Florida, proving again, that with a supportive local film community, impactful movies can be made outside of Los Angeles, and New York.
South Florida PBS has become a home for independent film and classic cinema alike. From film-maker to our work on the Hindsight regional documentary series, and our new partnership with the Reel South PBS documentary series, we are excited about the power of film to share the human experience.
As with previous seasons, the film·maker initiative will serve filmmakers from the Keys to the Treasure Coast and the series will reach an audience of over 6.3 million homes. South Florida PBS with support from local film organizations will connect talented local filmmakers with this massive regional audience.
Tune in to South Florida PBS in Spring of 2024 to watch our local filmmakers take center stage, with stories that define this community, explore diverse themes, and deepen our understanding of ourselves and our neighbors.
● Dedicated broadcast of films to over 6.3 million TV households
● Distribution through South Florida PBS’ existing platforms and optional distribution on mobile, Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV, associated with the South Florida PBS brand
● Compensation in the form of an acquisition fee
● Participation in a companion digital series featuring interviews as well as individual profiles and access to portfolios
● The film was made in South Florida (Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Martin, or St. Lucie Counties) by a local production team
● Only one film can be submitted per filmmaker
● The film can be from any genre - documentary or narrative fiction
● The film must be less than 28 minutes in length
● The film must be less than 2 years old
● The film has not yet been broadcast
● The film contains no or limited profanity, no commercial product placement, and no or very limited nudity
● Open to filmmakers of all ages and experience levels