The Chicago area's public international film festival dedicated to short film and video works by students in grades 5 - 12.
A full day of films on Saturday, April 22, 2017
Screen Test Jr. - 11 am (CDT - Chicago)
For student filmmakers in grades 5-8
Matinée Internationale - 2 pm (CDT - Chicago)
Films by students from all over the world (non-competitive)
Festival and Competition - 7:30 pm (CDT - Chicago)
The best of the best, showing high school student short films from here and abroad. All filmmakers must be present to participate.
Title Sponsor: 3MA Studios - www.3mastudios.com
Director Sponsor: Tribeca Flashpoint Academy - www.tfa.edu
Awards & Prizes
To be Awarded at the festival
Best in Show - $500
2nd Place - $250
3rd Place - $100
Local Hero Award - $250 (Best film by a student within 30 miles of Schaumburg, IL)
Achievement in Writing - $100
Highest Production Values - $100
Mayor’s Award - $100
Audience Award - $100
Screen Test Jr. - $100 Grand Prize
(Screen Test reserves the right to withhold awards for any category where criteria are not met.)
Rules & Terms
● Projects with a running time of 10 minutes or less will be accepted.
● As of fall, 2016, primary Director and Writer must be a student in grades 5-8 for Screen Test Jr. and 9-12 for Screen Test. All directors must be born after February 13, 1998. For Screen Test Abroad, primary Director must be born after February 13, 1995.
● Filmmaker for Screen Test Jr. and Festival and Competition must be present at festival (no substitutes allowed). Out-of-state filmmakers may attend via live video call (i.e. Skype).
● Per submission, entry fee is $10 for Festival and Competition; $5 for Screen Test Jr., and free for Screen Test Abroad.
● Only three submissions (i.e. projects) are allowed per person.
● Only projects completed after February 15, 2016 are eligible for competition.
● Production photographs and other supporting materials and information (i.e. bios) may be included with the application.
● Permission and/or licensing rights for any music used in a project must be acquired from the publisher and/or composer. For more information regarding using music in projects, visit screenteststudentfest.org.
● While the work submitted remains the property of the creating artist, the Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to use submitted footage or stills to promote the festival at any time. Filmmaker also permits use of images or video taken of him or her at the festival.
● Deadline for submission (postmarked by): Monday, February 13, 2017.
● All filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance into the festival by Monday, March 27, 2017.