RAWFF is the innovative short film festival from acclaimed arts showcase presenters RAW: natural born artists. Taking place at the Bootleg Theater in Echo Park, Los Angeles, the one day pop-up shorts fest features work from local talent across Southern California and beyond. Numerous cinematic disciplines are be represented, with a focus on fresh, edgy, subversive programming from innovative indies on the come-up. With a focus on multidisciplinary filmmakers and high conceptualization, the day and night are peppered with live performances and installations, each directly related to the films shown. Be prepared to open your mind, your eyes, and your ears…things are about to get RAW. WE DIG THE UNDERGROUND!
RAW: natural born artists is an independent arts organization, for artists, by artists. It is an international community made up of creative individuals across the globe. Our mission is to provide independent artists within the first 10 years of their career with the tools, resources and exposure needed to inspire and cultivate creativity. We encourage the creative success of the many visionaries and storytellers of our generation. Based in Los Angeles, RAW currently operates in nearly 60 cities across the United States, Australia, Canada and the UK.
Awards & Prizes
Our illustrious panel of 2016 Panel of Jurors included:
Heidi Luerra (RAW CEO/founder)
Kimberly Browning (Hollywood Short Film Festival founder/director)
Anam Syed (Cinematic VR and Business Development at Broad Green Pictures)
Chris Schwartz (Manager of AFI Conservatory)
Joshua Wilmott (No Budget Film Festival Head Programmer)
April Wolfe (Head Film Critic at LA Weekly)
Rachel Walker (Publicist for Sundance Film Festival and LA Film Festival)
-Best Narrative Short
-Best Documentary Short
-Best Experimental Short or Music Video
$100 cash prize for each category as well as the coveted Golden Shovel
Golden Shovel and lifetime subscription to GetFilming.com
Rules & Terms
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to RAWFF (the "RAWFF") for consideration for the RAW Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the RAWFF because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or the RAWFF of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RAWFF, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Los Angeles in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the RAWFF or the Festival.