RAWFF is the innovative short film festival from acclaimed arts showcase presenters RAW: natural born artists. Taking place at the Bootleg Theater in Echo Park, Los Angeles, the one day pop-up shorts fest features work from local talent across Southern California and beyond. Numerous cinematic disciplines are be represented, with a focus on fresh, edgy, subversive programming from innovative indies on the come-up. With a focus on multidisciplinary filmmakers and high conceptualization, the day and night are peppered with live performances and installations, each directly related to the films shown. Be prepared to open your mind, your eyes, and your ears…things are about to get RAW. WE DIG THE UNDERGROUND!
"RAW Film Festival had one of the strongest festival programs that I've ever had the pleasure of being apart of. The level of talent on display inspired me and it was an honor to screen with fellow filmmakers of such high caliber. The festival's focus on the artist and its celebration of all styles, genres and forms, highlights the unique visions and diverse voices that are working in Los Angeles independent film scene." - Gerry Maravilla | RAWFF’16 Alum, Head of Crowdfunding @ Seed & Spark
"RAW Film Festival is such an inspiring event...as an independent filmmaker, I continue to feel RAWFF's strong support long after the festival in the form of a collaborative and creative community, local to home. This support is absolutely invaluable, has led to many unique opportunities, and I'm grateful to support and be a part of the community for years to come." - Kayla Briët | RAWFF’16 Alum, Sundance Ignite Fellow + TED Fellow
-Best Narrative Short
-Best Documentary Short
-Best Experimental Short or Music Video
-Audience Choice Award
2017 Prizes Included*:
-RAW Film Fest award trophy (pictured in banner)
-1 day use of any one of the production or
post facilities at Home Los Angeles Studios
-$500 towards a crowdfunding campaign on Seed&Spark (audience choice only)
-1 year subscription to Filmstruck
-1 license for Final Draft 10 screenwriting software
-1 custom cinemagraph for your next social media campaign from Nightflare Creative
-1 "contract snapshot" legal help on contracts for creative freelancers service from lawgood.io
-$100 grant from RAW: Natural Born Artists
*2018 prizes TBD
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal to RAWFF (the "RAWFF") for consideration for the RAW Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation, although some prizes at the Festival may include cash awards. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival or the RAWFF because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival or the RAWFF of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the RAWFF, the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Institute or the Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
7. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and conclusively determined by arbitration in the City of Los Angeles in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
9. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the RAWFF or the Festival.