SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR 2018 EVENT WILL OPEN IN APRIL 14, 2017
We are planning to Accept the 250 best Short Films and 40 to 50 Feature films all categories to celebrate our 9th year Annual Film Festival.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
New York City International Film Festival is unlike any other film festival because we complete the circle for our filmmakers. We not only help up and coming talent both Internationally and Nationally have the opportunity to showcase their film in New York City, the center for the film industry and the city of the world, but we also take things to the next level by offering film distribution.
New York City International Film Festival can help with Distribution: Theatrical, VOD, and Television. And enables new talent from all around the world to network and come together through there shared passion for art.
We want to encourage filmmakers from all over the world to participate in this event organized by New York City International Film Festival with the support of the City of New York. Submit your film to one of the circuit’s most celebrated Film Festivals
Awards & Prizes
AWARDS: World Narrative Features Open to works from all regions. Eligible for:
* Best Narrative Feature
* Best Director
* Best Cinematography
* Best Actor in a leading role
* Best Supporting Actor
* Best Actress in a leading role
* Best Supporting Actress
* Best Original Score
* Best Editing
* Best Original Screenplay
* Best Adapted Screenplay
THE 4RD ANNUAL MATTHEW COWLES AWARD For Best Actor, Male or Female presented by Christine Baranski
ADDITIONAL AWARDS: All feature-length shot in New York City are eligible for the “Best New York Narrative” and “Best New York Documentary” awards. (Must be a NY premiere.) Unless otherwise agreed to by Festival programmers in writing, awards will be given to the winning film director (as identified in the Film Information Form). Award eligibility is subject to any restrictions or conditions imposed by applicable laws and regulations (international, federal, state or otherwise), and the award recipient is responsible for all applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs (if any). 2018 Awards listed in the above Festival sections are subject to change.
The Winners for Best: Narrative, Best Documentary & Animated Feature Film will be show in our booth at Marche Du Film, Cannes Film Festival May 2018
AWARDS FOR BEST SHORT FILM FOR EVERY CATEGORY
BEST DIRECTOR IN A SHORT FILM FOR EVERY CATEGORY
Rules & Terms
PLEASE READ OUR RULES BELOW
NEW YORK CITY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
NYCIFF RULES 2018
PLEASE READ OUR RULES BELOW Since submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these Entry Rules & Regulations (by filmmakers and or their agents), please review this document carefully.
All Feature Films NO PREMIERE REQUIERE - Short Film No Premiere Is Required.
** Entry Fees Are In Us Dollars And Non-Refundable. NOTIFICATION DATE: Filmmaker will be notified by email or phone approximately FEBRUARY 15, 2018 NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE FILMS: MUST have English subtitles.
1) Entry form online along with payment.
2) Upload your film in FilmFreeway Secure Online screener, also, If your Film is in Vimeo please write the password and link in the FilmFreeway Cover Letter or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed the submission with the payment – You can also submit 1 DVD of the film, formatted for Zone 1 (North America) labeled with the work's Title, Running Time, Director(s) name(s)
* Please do not put adhesive labels on the disc unless it is a professional output job (Use a permanent marker to write the information on the disc).
** ENTRY MATERIAL WILL NOT BE RETURNED **
MULTIPLE ENTRIES: A separate DVD must accompany by its own entry form and each entered work IF YOUR FILM IS SELECTED: You must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival upon invitation: (1) You will be required to execute a release and agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at the New York City International Film Festival, warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at New York City International Film Festival and NYCIFF, indemnify and hold harmless New York City International Film Festival, LLC at its affiliates against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at New York City International Film Festival.
(2) You will be responsible for delivery of the exhibition copy of the invited work in one of the Exhibition Formats specified below to the address designated by the Festival. THE FESTIVAL WILL NOT COVERS the cost of the return shipping of your print or video after the conclusion of the Festival. We recommend shipment via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands and our film festival. TECHNICAL SPECS For FEATURE FILMS We exhibit FEATURE FILMS in 35mm, (Platter), DCP DIGITAL PROJECTION CINEMA: Dolby DSS200 Digital Cinema Projection (DCP), Digibeta, Beta SP,BLU-RAY, HD DV, DVcam, MiniDV, DVD, Personal Computer ( Mac & PC) SOUND CAPABILITIES: Film: Dolby SRD, Dolby SR, Dolby A Video Dolby E, Dolby 5.1, Dolby SR, Prologic, Left & Right Stero Shorts *Additional RENTAL Equipment upon request, including: HD Cam, HD Cam SR, D5.
SHORTS FILMS ONLY in BLU-RAY Or USB Films in competition will be required to provide a second exhibition copy to accommodate juror screenings. The Festival has the right to request additional exhibition copies to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue without Water Marks or logos in the film such as: ” Only for Screening Purposes” _________________________________________________________________________
(3) You will provide a properly completed and signed official New York City International Film Festival “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist
4) You will provide at least one DVD copy of the finalized and completed film for Festival Archive.
(5) ONCE A FILM HAS BEEN SELECTED IT CANNOT BE WITHDRAWN FROM THE FESTIVAL program during the event. If your film was accepted to be shown in New York City International Film Festival 2017, you and/or your production company, distributors etc. won’t be allowed to withdraw the selected film from our film festival. In the event of an exception, you will be responsible to reimburse all the cost New York City International Film Festival have incurred in promoting the film, advertising, programs, etc. and any damage to our reputation as a film festival.
(6) The Festival reserves the right to change the date and venue if a feature film has not sell enough tickets to promote such film. Any legal dispute will be held in New York City Court. FESTIVAL SCHEDULE: Films invited to participate in the NEW YORK CITY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL will be shown in the section that our Festival programmers determine will be most appropriate at their sole discretion. _______________________________________________________________________