SUBMISSIONS FOR OUR 2019 EVENT WILL OPEN IN APRIL 1, 2018
TO CELEBRATE OUR 10th ANNNIVERSARY
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The New York City Internationa Film Festival (NYCIFF) is an annual event produced by the NYCIFF Foundation, For the Arts & Films, featuring top films from celebrated filmmakers as well as up-coming new talent from around the world.
We want to encourage filmmakers from all over the world to participate in this event with the support of the City of New York.
Submit your film to one of the circuit’s most celebrated Film Festivals
♣ BEST SHORT FILMS UP TO 15 MINUTES
♣ BEST SHORT FILMS ABOVE 15 MINUTE TO 40 MIN.
♣ BEST SCI-FI SHORT FIM
♣ BEST HORROR SHORT FILM
♣ BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM
♣ BEST ACTRESS IN A SHORT FILM
♣ BEST ACTOR IN A SHORT
♣ BEST DIRECTOR IN A SHORT FILM
♣ NYCIFF FOUNDATION
PHILANTHROPIC AWARD FOR ART CULTURE & FILM
♣ FEATURE FILMS CATEGORIES
All feature-length shot in New York City are eligible for the:
♣ Best New York Narrative” (Must be a NY Premiere)
♣ Best New York Documentary” awards. (Must be a NY Premiere.)
♣ BEST DOCUMENTARY
♣ BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
♣ BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
♣ BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
♣ BEST LEADING ACTRESS
♣ BEST LEADING ACTOR
♣ BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
♣ BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
♣ BEST DIRECTOR IN A FEATURE FILM
♣ BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM
♣ BEST FEATURE FILM
NEW YORK CITY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL GENERAL RULES 2019
1. New York City International Film Festival defines a short film as any film with a running time less than 40 minutes.
2. New York City International Film Festival defines a feature film as any film with a running time greater then 40 minutes up.
3. Films must have been completed in the current or previous year (2016/17/18 & 2019).
4. The applicant holds the sole responsibility of copyright clearance of any copyrighted material in the film. Films including unauthorized copyrighted material are ineligible.
5. Films not in English must be subtitled in English unless dialogue is minimal and not necessary for the comprehension of the Film.
6. Accepted films must be in Blu-Ray or DCP
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Films CAN BE RETURN IF FILMMAKER SEND US A PRE-PAID FEDEX OR ANY OTHER CARRIER THEY WISH TO USE.
2. NYCIFF is under no obligation to provide comments regarding submitted films to any applicant. The festival is not responsible for any internal comments obtained by the applicant regarding their film.
Response from festival:
Thank you for your kind words! it's our goal to promote and support filmmakers, we know how difficult it's to be an INDIE Filmmakers and you are one with talent who have submited your films to us for the last few years, it's an honor!
Thank you Michael for your support!