***Our OVERALL WINNERS will have a PHYSICAL SCREENING at BOTH an EAST + WEST COAST FILM FESTIVAL!!!
*14 Winners and up to 140 "Best of Category" Nominees will be announced Aug. 31, 2016.
The FILMMATIC 2016 Filmmaker Awards Competiton is open to short and feature-length works. Competiton judging is broken down by the genre's listed in the Entry Form below.
The Filmmatic Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming producers and directors, as well as to empower and educate passionate and talented filmmakers still waiting for their invitation into the mainstream industry.
You've worked hard on your film, and our staff and Judges are excited to see your work!
Awards & Prizes
* Each annual Competition yields 14 Categorical Winners, 1 Overall Short Winner, 1 Overall Feature-Length Winner, and up to 140 Official "Best of Category" Nominees.
* The Overall Feature and Short winners will have Pysical Showings of their films at Both East and West-coast Festivals. Exposure on both coasts! (Fests to be announced prior to the end of competition)
* All winners will receive a Video Blocks footage package.
* All Winners will receive a Jungle Software production package.
* VIP Tickets to the 2017 Filmmatic - Sundance Film Festival networking event (Monday On Main Street), where our winning films and filmmakers will be promoted
* All entrants will be invited to our Sundance networking event (space is limited, RSVP without VIP tickets will not guarantee entry)
* One-on-one Producer/Director Consultation for the Overall Winner
* All entrants will receive a free trial account from our sponsor Video Blocks
* Press Release regarding all Winning Screenwriters and their Works to be distributed to all major Film/TV agencies and studios;
* Press Release naming all Winners and their Works distributed to our 25,000+ Industry contacts
Rules & Terms
1) Judges and employees of Filmmatic.com are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) This is a "green" contest, as such we do not accept hardcopy submissions by mail. Our staff will reach out for project hard-copies for all festival showings.
3) All directors' names should be listed in the online entry form. By submitting online to the Filmmatic Awards Competition, entrant warrants that filmmakers have authorized the submission. If a film has been directed/preoduced by multiple principles, all prizes and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the filmmakers' risk and discretion. Filmmatic will reach out for additional credit details when necessary for press and publicity purposes.
4) To enter your project electronically via this site, the filmmaker must provide a valid link where the entry media can be viewed or downloaded multiple times. Please make sure the link is valid for the run of the contest.
5) Downloaded entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Filmmatic Movie Awards Competition retain all rights to their productions. Projects will not be broadcast in any manner with the filmmaker's permission.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through our website or via FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to any method of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline to be counted accordingly.
9) Once a film has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised cuts. If you wish to submit a revised version of your project, you must enter it as a new submission and note that it is a replacement.
10) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards will not share your production with anyone except staff and the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Filmmatic Awards Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) Entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
14) The decisions of the Filmmatic judges' panel are final.
15) The Filmmatic Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of the same or similar value.
16) Notification of official nonimees and winners will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards or our sponsors. Applicants will be responsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.