"Perhaps it sounds ridiculous, but the best thing that young filmmakers should do is to get hold of a camera and some film and make a movie of any kind at all."
MONTHLY ONLINE FESTIVAL WITH AWARDS AND ONLINE SCREENINGS. All FINALISTS will have a live screening in Colorado Springs in conjunction with University's Film Club members, including international submissions, over the course of the school year, but ONLY UCCS STUDENT FILMS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ANNUAL UCCS STUDENT FESTIVAL. Students and Independent filmmakers can make their visions come true without a huge budget, and we want to see your incredible work. We are a festival by filmmakers, for filmmakers.
**International Submissions will take place in our online festival and competition, where professionals and students can win awards for their work** International submissions will be screened in front our our judging panel. Selections and Winners will be displayed on our website indefinitely, and winners will receive award laurels. International students can enter the student category for the online competition and compete with other student films from around the world.
**Our festival works in conjunction with the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, and our live event is merged with UCCS' student film festival, and is ONLY OPEN TO UCCS STUDENT SUBMITTERS.** The event is held annually at the University. The festival is in its 17th year, and will contain live screenings in front of a large audience of faculty, students, and professionals. Catering is provided. Physical submissions will also be accepted in the SGA office of student activities in the downstairs University Center. Physical submissions will be accepted by DVD or Flashdrive. UCCS students may submit in the international online competition if desired, and they may enter the student competition as well. **UCCS students may submit at any time before the festival on April 23rd, and do not have to submit within the monthly deadlines. **
Sunday April 23, 2017
Dwire Hall theatre 121
1420 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918
Frostbite is a festival for getting recognition through awards, and helping us show your work to the rest of the world.
Film is the most powerful form of propaganda, and this makes it the most potent art-form. Create with innovation, and do not be afraid to tell your story experimentally. Our panel is made up of present and past film scholars, and they want to see and share your work regardless of its level of experimentation.
Awards & Prizes
Our Judges will award:
-Best Feature Film
-Best Narrative Short
-Best Horror Short
-Best Comedy Short
-Best Sci-fi Short
-Best Animated Short
-Best Documentary Short
-Best Student Film
-Best Sound Design
-Best Original Score
-Best Special Effects
-Best Practical Effects
**All awarded films will receive laurels, and be displayed on our website, but only with the filmmakers permission. All officially selected films can receive laurels from our website at their convenience**
Rules & Terms
1. SUBTITLES- All non-english films are welcome. Even without subtitles. If you can give the film embedded english subtitles that would be great, however we want to see your film regardless. Some of our awards are based on cinematography and acting alone.
2. LENGTH- Short films should be 20 minutes or under, and feature films should be over 45 minutes.
3.COMPLETION TIME- All films must have been completed after January 1, 2015
4. SUBMISSION FORMAT- Submissions will take place only through FilmFreeway, and if you are a winner we will ask you for a link to an uploaded copy of your film on either youtube.com or vimeo.com for our website.
5. CONTENT- This is art. Violence, sex, and language are no obstacle, however if your content is PORNOGRAPHIC IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
6. FEES- All submission fees are non-refundable
7. PREVIOUS SCREENINGS- Your film is allowed to be public on youtube or vimeo, and if it has previous screenings and awards it is no problem.
8. COPYRIGHT- We are not responsible for your content if you do not have permission to use it. Please make sure all content is yours, all music is original, or you have permission from the artist to use it.
9. RE-SUBMISSION- If you submit and are not selected or do not win, you may re-submit the next month, and be reconsidered relative to the new batch of films.
10. CATEGORIES- If FROSTBITE decides your film fits better in a category other than the one you entered, we reserve the right to move your film into this category where it will still be considered for an award.