We celebrate shorts! Now in its 20th year, the Extremely Shorts Film Festival is a juried competition of adventurous short films and videos (3 minutes of less) of all kinds and from around the world.
This festival is organized by media arts organization Aurora Picture Show, and juried each year by a different guests (esteemed filmmakers and curator). Each year, about 25 mini-masterpieces are selected for exhibition at a three-day screening event in May. The short format of the festival encourages innovative approaches to filmmaking in a range of genres including narrative, art, experimental, documentary and animation.
***Films must be under 3 minutes long.***
Awards & Prizes
Audience Choice cash awards are given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
Rules & Terms
Rules: To be considered for entry your film must be under 3 minutes long, including titles.
Terms & Conditions:
• Your film/video will be screened during the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
• Your film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
• A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show web site and Vimeo or YouTube Nonprofit channels, unless otherwise arranged with Aurora.
• The filmmaker will permit Aurora Picture Show to use their name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
• The filmmaker has the option to give permission for your film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.