We celebrate short films! Now in its 21st year, the Extremely Shorts Film Festival is a juried competition of all genres of short films and videos (3 minutes of less) from around the world by makers of all ages including YOUTH.
There are two categories to enter: All Genres and Youth.
This festival is organized by Houston media arts organization Aurora Picture Show, and juried by guest artists, filmmakers, and curators. Each year, 20-25 short works are selected for exhibition at a two-day screening event in May. The short format of the festival encourages innovative approaches to filmmaking in a range of genres including narrative, experimental, documentary, and animation.
Juror's Choice cash award (main program): $225
Audience Choice cash award (main program): $225
Youth program winners receive a certificate for Juror's Choice and Audience Choice.
Rules: To be considered for entry your film must be under 3 minutes long, including titles.
Terms & Conditions:
• Your film/video will be screened during the Extremely Shorts Film Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
• Your film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters.
• A sample clip of my film/video (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Aurora Picture Show web site and Vimeo or YouTube Nonprofit channels, unless otherwise arranged with Aurora.
• The filmmaker will permit Aurora Picture Show to use their name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
• The filmmaker has the option to give permission for your film to be included on a touring program and in the Aurora Video Library. Filmmakers are always contacted prior to any additional screening.