Euroshorts is the international short film festival. It was created 27 years ago (started in 1992). The Festival Premiere takes place in Gdansk, Warszawa Katowice and Zielona Góra, then the event reaches the art galleries and cultural centres in 15 more cities of Poland. The Festival does not have a high budget, but it has a large audience, unique atmosphere and it is totally independent. The presentations of fiction, documentary, animation, experimental films and creative commercials serve the basic aim - to promote and support young filmakers.
Euroshorts is open to first films and student films.
The 2016 Catalogue: https://issuu.com/mlode_kino/docs/kataloges2016
The 2017 Catalogue: https://issuu.com/mlode_kino/docs/kataloges2017_1
Grand Prix of 3000 Polish Zlotys, offered by the Mayor of the City of Gdańsk, Poland
The Awards (total value of 6000 Polish Zlotys) in Categories:
offered by the Polish Film Institute and the Marshal of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
27. EUROSHORTS International Film Festival
2018 "Young Filmmakers"
Gdańsk, Warszawa, Katowice, Zielona Góra, Poland,
November 26th - December 2, 2018
- Festival Regulations
We invite short films shot in Europe and in other Continents in 2017-2018, not exceeding 30 minutes in length.
The film contest is open to all films, including first films and students' films (fiction, documentary, animation and experimental).
The festival offers comfortable screening rooms, screening equipment and good viewers. The programming directors from some of the TV stations and the managers of culture will be invited to visit the Festival. We kindly request of the filmmakers, producers and film studios to make their films available to us. The selection group will make a selection of the films and will qualify the most interesting ones for the International Contest.
The screenings will be held during the Euroshorts 2018 Festival in Gdansk at the South Baltic Cultural Centre in Gdansk and subsequently in Warsaw, Zielona Góra and Katowice, between November 26th and December 16th, 2018. The films may be shown also in 15 other Polish cities as a part of the Festival Tour of Poland (if the producer of each film agrees).
The films should be submitted exclusively through the FilmFreeway platform https://filmfreeway.com/festival/euroshorts
The cost of submission is 25 US Dollars (about 85 Polish Zlotys). The payment covers the administrative fee of FilmFreeway and helps to proceed with the selection process. The fee waivers ("free gates") will be available to film schools (a limit: 2 films per school) and selected individual films, only at the time when the Festival receives any public funding.
Some of the films accepted for the contest may be published on Euroshorts vol. 10 DVD which would be produced in 1000 copies and distributed for further promotion, free of charge. Every producer whose film would be published on DVD will receive a certain number of complimentary copies of the disc. In the Entry Form, please indicate whether you agree to such an additional promotion of your film and whether you authorize the Festival to put your film on the DVD if selected.
Euroshorts Jury will offer the Awards, and the form of Awards depends on our Sponsors.
About 60 films will be selected for competition. They will be considered for awards and the Jury will select the best film in each category:
· Best Fiction Film
· Best Documentary Film
· Best Animation Film
· Best Experimental Film
The jury will look for films that in a simple, perfect form talk about important subjects concerning contemporary life.
The Grand Prix, a special prize for the best film of the Festival, may also be given.
The Jury will consist of filmmakers, art historians, journalists, designers and cultural events' organizers. Members of the Jury will watch films individually or during public screenings and the decision will be made during the meeting, with all the Jurors present or on the basis of their written statements. The Festival Director is responsible for the accuracy of work of the Jury.
Special contests for viewers, such as the "We Film The Cities of Poland!", may be organized during the Euroshorts 2018 Festival. These contests have their separate regulations. The Young Cinema Foundation Board will decide whether and when to start these contests.
1. By sending the film to the preselection of the 27th Euroshorts 2018 International Film Festival, you authorize the Young Cinema Foundation, a non-profit organization based in Warsaw, Poland (the Euroshorts organizer), to screen the film during the 2018 Euroshorts Festival in 4 cities between November 26th and December 16th, 2018, for promotional reasons, as a part of the Foundation's statutory activity.
2. The Foundation will not be required to pay any fee to the copyright owner and/or to the people involved in the production.
3. This permission will extend to 15 other screenings in cities other than Gdańsk, Warszawa, Katowice and Zielona Góra, during the Euroshorts Tour of Poland only when you check the appropriate box in the Entry Form.
4. Some of the selected films may be published on Euroshorts DVD vol. 10 (if their producers agree by checking the appropriate box in the Entry Form).
5. By making a submission the person declares that he or she has the right to do so.
6. Special regulations regarding the films produced by the Film School of Łódź, Poland: The submitter has to include an official statement from the School that the School agrees to such a submission. Without such a statement the films produced by the Łódź Film School will not be accepted.
7. In case you need to withdraw the film from the Euroshorts Competition, you can do it 7 days after the selection results at the latest (until October 17th, 2018). After this date there is no possibility to withdraw the film.
8. The participants send the films on their own expense. After the Festival, the preview material will not be returned.
Warsaw, December 18, 2017
Euroshorts European Film Festival
YOUNG CINEMA FOUNDATION
Phone +48 507 014 857 (office in Warsaw, Poland)