The Everybody Digital Film Festival is still riding high off our first year that went more successfully than we could have imagined! We were humbled and honored to have provided an atmosphere of a tight-knit family where we could not only share in each other's accomplishments but to also build a long-lasting community where friendships and business relationships continued well after the festival's end. Additionally, custom trophies were awarded for 8 categories and winners of Best Actor and Best Actress also won meetings with the Head of Development for NBC!
We are extremely excited for our 2nd year to build our community even more and give you the best possible experience as a filmmaker!
Our goal is to shine a light on short filmmakers who are so often overlooked and under appreciated. We understand how much time, energy, money and passion goes into a short film and we want to recognize all of it and help share your work with as many people as possible. Through our events, we want to provide a community where you can learn, grow and flourish while connecting and celebrating your accomplishments with friends, family and other filmmakers.
The Everybody Digital Film Festival is an extension of the Everybody Digital app created by actor/writer/director Allen Maldonado ("The Last O.G.", "Black-ish", "Survivor's Remorse"). The app was created to help promote short form films and web series and to give filmmakers another organized platform to showcase all of the work they put into writing, shooting and completing their short films.
*Follow us via Instagram, Twitter & Facebook to stay up to date on latest news and announcements as we get closer to the festival date*
Custom trophies and additional TBD prizes will be awarded. Award categories as of March 1, 2019 include:
Best Short Film
Best Web Series
1. Entries must be 15 minutes or less and all forms and genres (including web series, digital series, documentaries, animation, etc.) that would be deemed with a G, PG, PG-13, R or NC-17 rating will be accepted. We do not accept films or web series of a pornographic nature.
2. Submissions in languages other than English must have subtitles.
3. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker, but each must be submitted as its own separate entry.
4. Films or web series submitted must have been completed less than 3 years prior
to the festival weekend.
5. Films and web series must be submitted through FilmFreeway. DVD entries will not be accepted or returned.
6. Submission fees are non-refundable and will not be waived for any reason. If
a submission is not selected or disqualified, entrants will not receive a fee refund.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
If your film or web series is selected, you will be notified via email and FilmFreeway by August 25, 2019. Once notified of your selection, you will need to provide a final downloadable screening copy by September 6, 2019. If a screening copy is not received by either of these dates, Everybody Digital Film Festival retains the right to disqualify the film and no refunds of the submission fee will be given.
Once selected, you will also be requested to submit a synopsis of the film as well as any marketing materials for promotional use both for online promotion as well as print, if available. Cost of shipping printed promotional material to the festival is the responsibility of the entrant and you agree that the festival will not be held responsible for damage or loss of materials while in transit.
OTHER RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES:
1. Entrants confirm and warrant that they have the required legal authority to
submit the entry into the festival and to use all music, images, and content in the
2. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after it has been selected.
Judging decisions are final.
3. We reserve the right to use portions of the film or any related screenshots for promotional and marketing purposes leading up to the event. We will not use any portion of the film whether visually or in text format that will give away the ending or spoil the film for viewers in any way.
***By submitting your film, you agree to the rules and guidelines stated above and if any of the guidelines are not followed completely and your film is deemed to be disqualified, you understand that no submission fees will be refunded in part or in full.
Further, the undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Everybody Digital Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity and screening.