Join us for our 3rd Annual festival happening October 15-17, 2021 in Brooklyn, NY and become a part of The Everybody Digital Film Festival family for life! We pride ourselves in having built a beautiful community of filmmakers and creatives who have given us the honor of sharing their valuable projects on the big screen.
We focus the weekend around highlighting our filmmakers and encourage them to make the most of their experience at our festival - coming with an open mind and leaving with new connections and new knowledge about themselves, other filmmakers and the film industry as a whole.
To help keep the main focus on the selected filmmakers and their films, we run films in blocks on only ONE screen for the weekend. This allows attendees to enjoy all the films, and not have to choose between films showing at various locations and at conflicting times.
***New Submission Category for 2021***
We have included a special "FEATURED FILM" category for the weekend where one film will be selected to be highlighted and given its own designated screening time. They will also be given their own Q&A session with the cast & crew following the film's screening. Entries for this category can be up to 30 minutes in length and must be shot no more than 2 years prior to the festival date. (*Note that this Featured Film is its own separate submission category from the other short films & web series.)
Our Festival's Mission:
Our goal is to shine a light on short filmmakers who are so often overlooked and under appreciated. We understand how much time, energy, money and passion goes into a short film and we want to recognize all of it and help share your work with as many people as possible. Through our events, we want to provide a community where you can learn, grow and flourish while connecting and celebrating your accomplishments with friends, family and other filmmakers.
The Everybody Digital Film Festival was created by actor/writer/director Allen Maldonado ("The Last O.G.", "Black-ish", "Survivor's Remorse") to help promote short form films and web series and to give filmmakers another organized platform to showcase all of the work they put into writing, shooting and completing their short films.
*Follow us via Instagram, Twitter & Facebook to stay up to date on latest news and announcements as we get closer to the festival date*
Custom trophies will be awarded for the following categories (based on submissions received):
Best Short Film
Best Web Series
Wavemaker (*Exclusive EDFF award)
1. Entries must be 15 minutes or less (before credits) and all forms and genres (including web series, digital series, documentaries, animation, etc.) that would be deemed with a G, PG, PG-13, R or NC-17 rating will be accepted. We do not accept films or web series of a pornographic nature.
2. Submissions in languages other than English must have subtitles.
3. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker, but each must be submitted as its own separate entry.
4. Films or web series submitted must have been completed less than 3 years prior
to the festival weekend.
5. Films and web series must be submitted through FilmFreeway. DVD entries will not be accepted or returned.
6. Submission fees are non-refundable and will not be waived for any reason. If
a submission is not selected or disqualified, entrants will not receive a fee refund.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
If your film or web series is selected, you will be notified via email and FilmFreeway by August 15, 2021. Once notified of your selection, you will need to provide a final downloadable screening copy by August 22, 2021. If a screening copy is not received by either of these dates, Everybody Digital Film Festival retains the right to disqualify the film and no refunds of the submission fee will be given.
Once selected, you will also be requested to submit a synopsis of the film as well as any marketing materials for promotional use online.
OTHER RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES:
1. Entrants confirm and warrant that they have the required legal authority to
submit the entry into the festival and to use all music, images, and content in the
2. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after it has been selected.
Judging decisions are final.
3. We reserve the right to use portions of the film or any related screenshots for promotional and marketing purposes leading up to the event. We will not use any portion of the film whether visually or in text format that will give away the ending or spoil the film for viewers in any way.
***By submitting your film, you agree to the rules and guidelines stated above and if any of the guidelines are not followed completely and your film is deemed to be disqualified, you understand that no submission fees will be refunded in part or in full.
Further, the undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Everybody Digital Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity and screening.
Response from festival:
Thanks so much for your feedback, Ramon and we are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the festival! Thanks for being such a big supporter and contributor to the good vibes and thank you for trusting us with your film. We definitely hope to have you back at a future festival!