We are doing a special ONE DAY short film/web series festival celebrating Black History Month with Museum of the African Diaspora and Google on one of their campuses in Northern California! A panel discussing creative arts and technology will be featured along with screenings, awards and a reception to close the events of the day. Join us in this exclusive event with one of the largest companies in the world!
The Everybody Digital Film Festival is an extension of the Everybody Digital app created by actor/writer/director Allen Maldonado ("The Last O.G.", "Black-ish", "Survivor's Remorse"). The app was created to help promote short form films and web series and to give filmmakers another organized platform to showcase all of the hard work they put into writing, shooting and completing their short films.
The Everybody Digital Film Festival aims to shine a light on short filmmakers who are so often overlooked and under appreciated. We understand how much time, energy, money and passion goes into a short film and we want to recognize all of it and help share your work with as many people as possible. Our goal is to provide a platform not only for your film to shine but also for you as the filmmaker to shine just as bright. Through our events, we want to help not only promote you and your film but also provide an atmosphere where you can connect and celebrate with friends, family and other filmmakers.
*Follow us via Instagram, Twitter & Facebook to stay up to date on latest news and announcements as we get closer to the festival date*
Awards will be given for the following categories:
Best Short or Web Series Overall
*Awards subject to change based on submissions received
1. Entries must be 20 minutes or less and all forms and genres (including web series, digital series, documentaries, animation, etc.) that would be deemed with a G, PG, PG-13, R or NC-17 rating will be accepted. We do not accept films or web series of a pornographic nature.
2. Submissions in languages other than English must have subtitles.
3. Multiple entries are allowed from a filmmaker, but each must be submitted as its own separate entry.
4. Films or web series submitted must have been completed less than 3 years prior
to the festival weekend.
5. Films and web series must be submitted through FilmFreeway. DVD entries will not be accepted or returned.
6. Submission fees are non-refundable and will not be waived for any reason. If
a submission is not selected or disqualified, entrants will not receive a fee refund.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
If your film or web series is selected, you will be notified via email and FilmFreeway by January 27, 2019. Once notified of your selection, you will need to provide a final downloadable screening copy by February 2, 2019. If a screening copy is not received by either of these dates, Everybody Digital Film Festival retains the right to disqualify the film and no refunds of the submission fee will be given.
Once selected, you will also be requested to submit a synopsis of the film as well as any marketing materials for promotional use both for online promotion as well as print, if available. Cost of shipping printed promotional material to the festival is the responsibility of the entrant and you agree that the festival will not be held responsible for damage or loss of materials while in transit.
OTHER RULES, REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES:
1. Entrants confirm and warrant that they have the required legal authority to
submit the entry into the festival and to use all music, images, and content in the
2. No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after it has been selected.
Judging decisions are final.
3. We reserve the right to use portions of the film or any related screenshots for promotional and marketing purposes leading up to the event. We will not use any portion of the film whether visually or in text format that will give away the ending or spoil the film for viewers in any way.
***By submitting your film, you agree to the rules and guidelines stated above and if any of the guidelines are not followed completely and your film is deemed to be disqualified, you understand that no submission fees will be refunded in part or in full.
Further, the undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Everybody Digital Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity and screening.
Response from festival:
Juliet - Thank you for the generous feedback and we are so glad you had a great time! We were honored to have your film be a part of our festival and even more humbled to have you join us for the event all the way from Miami! We hope to see you in the very near future and please keep us updated on your next project!