Echoes of Eidolon is a celebration of Halloween while exploring themes related to the dark nature of our inner beings and facing the shadows within.
Echoes of Eidolon is an all inclusive festival.
Awards and Prizes will be given out on various categories including but not limited to:
BEST FEATURE FILM (category specific))
BEST SHORT FILM (category specific)
BEST SCREEN PLAY
BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS
BEST SOUND DESIGN
- An Entry must be the original work of the Entrant
- Entrants may submit the same entry to more than one category.
- Films must be submitted via online streaming video through FilmFreeway
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2020
- If your film already has distribution through television or any other major network, you are ineligible for competition however, you can submit for special screening
- Eidolon is not required to release the identities of judges
- Winners will be announced Sunday Evening May, 2nd, 2021
- Early submissions may be notified of their acceptance/rejection before the notification date of April 9th.
- All films must be downloadable so that the Festival may stream them appropriately. Assure that in your project files privacy settings that “Download Permissions” is set to “Festivals that I submit to may download my video.”
- Any film that includes main dialogue that is not English must be submitted with English subtitles.
- Please use the following naming conditions when uploading your files:
- 1080 HD Resolution. Do not submit in 4k.
- To be qualified for Feature films must be 41 minutes or longer, while Shorts will be 40 minutes or less.
I grant Echoes of Eidolon, festival director, Katie Brittle and its sponsors the full and free right and permission to use my ENTRY for broadcast, duplication, and advertising in association with Echoes of Eidolon for the purpose of viewing on television, in theatres, on the internet, on the Echoes of Eidolon website, on sponsors’ websites, podcasting and/or for archival purposes and for any other valid, lawful purpose in any and all media now known or hereafter developed or devised, worldwide and in perpetuity. I may opt-out from any future use by providing a written notice within thirty days after the final date of the festival, stating that my ENTRY may not be used after the closing festival date or receipt of request, whichever is later. A copy of ENTRY may still be kept for archival purposes. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished videotape, sound track, photograph, advertising copy, audio piece or printed matter that may be used or to the eventual use that it may be applied.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless Echoes of Eidolon, its officers, agencies employees and sponsors, its officers, agencies and employees, from and against any liability as a result of any use, distortion, blurring or alteration that may occur or be introduced in any use or broadcast of the material.
I grant Echoes of Eidolon permission to give a copy of the ENTRY to industry members if requested. Industry, includes but is not limited to network executives, agents, managers, casting directors, press and others that can aid in securing of future work and/or distribution for my ENTRY.
In exchange for release, I receive the opportunity to have my ENTRY shown at Echoes of Eidolon and accept that there is no promise of additional payment, in any form for likeness, image, biography, recording, equipment, or for any other contribution by us on this production.