Eastern Arizona College presents the Arizona High School Film Festival.
This festival is open to students currently enrolled in an Arizona High School. These students are invited to submit their best short films that are under 10 minutes long. Students may submit as many films as they want, but each film must be a separate entry.
Films are reviewed and selected by EAC judges. Films selected for the Arizona High School Film Festival will be screened during the Eastern Arizona College STEM Festival on February 25, 2023. Winners will be announced at 1:30 PM on February 25, 2023 and subsequently contacted via email.
The Best Film Overall will receive a trophy and a scholarship to Eastern Arizona College.
The winners of the following award categories will receive a trophy and an Amazon Gift Card:
Best Original Score
1. Arizona High School Film Festival is open to students living in and attending school in Arizona between 9th and 12th grades at time of the film's completion.
2. Films entered into 2023 Arizona High School Film Festival must be made in the calendar year 2022 or 2023. Films do not have to be made in conjunction with a class or teacher.
3. Arizona High School Film Festival accepts short films under10 minutes in length. Films can be of any genre (ie. narrative, documentary, experimental) and must not contain any adult content (nudity, profanity, and/or illegal drug use).
4. Adult content including violence, language or other adult themes may cause my film to be eliminated from consideration.
5. Films must be entered via Film Freeway by the deadline. Failure to deliver finished film for screening may result in disqualification.
6. Film must not be subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation. Entrant accepts all licensing responsibility for any copyrighted material contained in their film.
7. Entrant must be authorized to submit this film to the Festival and its Competition and understand that the Festival holds the right to screen said film for Festival screening and promotional purposes and to extract clips from this film for promotional purposes. This includes streaming of films online on sites of Arizona High School Film Festival and/or its sponsors and affiliates.
8. Awards will be awarded to the top films as determined by a panel of judges selected by Eastern Arizona College judges. Physical prizes will be mailed to winners if they are not present at the festival.
9. All decisions by judging panel and Arizona High School Film Festival are final.
10. All films must have Title Card with the name of film and end credits.
11. There are no limits on how many people can work on the film. Please list all contributors to your film on your FilmFreeway project page. Those involved in production and post-production must be high school aged students. Actors can be of any age, but only high school aged students will be eligible for awards.