Directors Cut Int'l Film Festival is an IMDB Recognized Film Festival based in Vancouver, Canada. Our goal is to recognize, acknowledge, and reward exceptional emerging & established auteurs and their films. There is only one requirement : the Director ALSO functioned as at least ONE, if not many, of the following positions: Producer, Writer, DP, Editor, Actor, Composer...
Yes, we are all about appreciation for the Versatile, Multi-Talented Director. We value your cinematic endeavour and the intrinsic multidisciplinary aptitude and work ethic required to see a movie project through from inception to completion, and finally to exhibition. Congratulations! And now, let's get you and your masterwork the recognition it deserves...
SUBMISSION CATEGORIES (any and all genres)
-Feature films: 45 minutes and over
-Short films: less then 30 minutes
-Web series: at least 2 episodes, each up to 10 minutes
-Music videos: up to 10 minutes
*Directors Cut Int'l Film Festival since inception has held its annual live screening event at Landmark Cinemas 10 in Metro Vancouver, Canada. But due to the ongoing global pandemic, live screenings are cancelled. Until the Covid 19 pandemic is officially deemed to be over worldwide by the World Health Organization as well as the Canadian health authorities, our annual event is virtual at: https://xerb.tv/channel/directorscut/virtual-events.
*This year the virtual event will be in November 2023.
*Only a curated selection of "Finalists" will be streamed during the event dates; From which "Winners" will be determined.
**(Semi-Finalists will NOT be screened or streamed).
Evaluations of submitted movies will be carefully adjudicated by an Int'l jury made up of award-winning filmmakers, as well as cinema critics and reviewers. Entries are not competing against each other but are rather evaluated with a qualitative standard of merit pertaining to a genre.
"Semi-Finalists" and will be announced in September 2023.
"Finalists" will be announced in October 2023.
"Winners" will be announced in November 2023
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic, our screenings will be virtual at:
And again, please note:
*Only a curated selection of "Finalists" will be screened during the event dates, from which "Winners" will be determined.
**(Semi-Finalists will NOT be screened or streamed).
Entries Will be eligible for the following:
~IMDB designation for Semi-Finalists, Finalists, and Winners.
~Digital Laurel Certificate for Semi-Finalists, and Finalists.
~Custom Digital Laurel Certificates for Winners.
AWARD CATEGORIES INCLUDES:
Best Web Series
Best Music Video
*Until the Covid 19 pandemic is officially deemed to be over worldwide by the World Health Organization, our event is virtual and online at: https://xerb.tv/channel/directorscut/virtual-events
1. Online submissions only.
2. All submitted projects must have completion date of 2021 and later.
3. By submitting you agree that you have read and understood the aforementioned Festival Description, Award Categories and Rules herein.
4. You agree and confirm that you are fully authorized to make a submission to the Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival.
5. Once a project is submitted, fees are not refundable.
6. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
7. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
8. 'Submission' and/or 'Semi-Finalist' designation of a film does not mean it will be screened and/or streamed during the scheduled festival event date(s).
Only a curated selection of films determined to be "Finalists" and/or "Winners" will be screened and/or streamed during the scheduled festival event date(s) of the current season.
9. No premier status is required.
10. Multiple entries are allowed but separate entries are to be submitted for each film.
11. We treat all submissions with confidentiality. We will not screen, download your film or make it available online without your explicit permission.
12. -For Live Screenings; Our venue, Landmark Cinemas will requires a DCP format.
DCP's must be available 20 days before the event date(s).
*(If required, DCP transfers is offered as a service for a small fee).
*To create DCP's in house, .mov/mp4 files must be in 24fps.
*For Streaming; 1080p digital download will be required.
13. It is the responsibility of the submitter/ producer/filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that are used in the film.
14. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival and it’s affiliates; Directors Cut Film Society and/or Mya Studios Inc. is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (virtual and/or tangible) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, critique, or screening of any submitted film(s).
15. Directors Cut Film Festival reserves the right to add/change/cancel Categories, Awards, Event date(s) and/or Venue(s), and Screenings/Streaming due to circumstances beyond our control.
16. Any costs related to travel/accommodation, mail and/or digital downloads incurred by filmmakers or representatives of participating films are not the responsibility of Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival or it’s officials.
17. All decisions by official(s) at Directors Cut Film Festival is final.
18. At present, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, live screenings are cancelled.