Born and raised in Geochang, Gyeongsangnam-do. After coming to Seoul, I attended Sungkyunkwan University majoring in sociology, and I also pursued a double major in acting as I had a passion for it. Subsequently, I shifted my career towards new media production, creating YouTube content and honing my skills as a producer and editor.
Recently, I directed and produced the short film 'The Play'.
And I participated as assistant director, co-producer, and in various roles in films like 'Eulogy' and 'A room of one's own,' which had successful screening events. I also participated as a production team member in the film 'Expander,' supported by the Incheon Film Commission and Korea Film Commission (currently in the post-production phase).
I am currently pursuing a master's degree in filmmaking at Syracuse University with the goal of becoming a director and producer in the field of narrative cinema and cinematic series. I am also gearing up for the shooting of my second short film this coming autumn.
My past experiences include …
- internship as a PD in the Jungang Ilbo News Lab Content Team, managing YouTube channels such as 'Rage King' and 'Listen Smart.'
- as a PD at 'Blimey' (a startup YouTube channel with 850,000 subscribers) for projects like '3&more S3,' 'M-bassadors,' and 'Rindu MV.'
- as an editing director for two student short films ('Temporary Best Friends' at K-Arts and 'Real-Lies' at Sungkyunkwan University).
- collaborated with Director Yoo Seungyeon on 'Eulogy' as an assistant director, co-producer, and co-planner.
- worked on the film 'A room of one's own', a short film created by the Women in Film Network ‘FFF’, as a part of the production team.
- co-planned and worked as a script supervisor for the film 'Meow - A Catless Cat Movie', a short film created by the Women in Film Network ‘FFF’.
- Part of the production team for the Korea Film Commission and Incheon Film Commission-supported film 'Expander.'