REFLECTION OF NOBLE FEELINGS
COSMO FILM FESTIVAL is about to happen in the Scenic East Coast Road located in between Chennai, "The mother of South Indian filmdom and the Center of Tamil Film Industry - Kollywood" and Mamallapuram the Gateway of South India during the period of 7th Century.
Chennai is India's fourth largest civilized city in India and Mamallapuram @ Mahabalipuram is an example of ancient architecture. Thus, COSMO FILM FESTIVAL should be performed as the confluence of both new civilization and ancient culture.
Our motto is, the talented art pioneers who are spread throughout the universe and the young artists, who embark on their journey with the arts, must collaborate with the artists of Indian subcontinent to understand, perceive, admire and promote the diverse arts, which exist in all parts of the universe.
The officially selected project in each month receives CFF laurel. All the Finalists, Winners and Honorable Mentions will be listed on our website, will be shared on our social media. All monthly winners of the period from JANUARY 2020 to DECEMBER 2020 will be automatically nominated for the prestigious GOLDEN AWARDS.
The awards are given in the following categories:
Best International Feature Film
Best Indian Feature Film
Best International Short Film
Best Indian Short Film
Feature & Short film Categories :
Best Sound Designer
Best Supporting Actor
Best supporting Actress
Best Film on Women
Best Women’s Film
Best Debut Filmmaker
Best Animated Film
Best Family / Children Film
Best Experimental Film
Best Silent Film
Best Horror Film
Best Science Fiction Film
Best Film On Nature / Environment / Wildlife
Special Jury Award
Outstanding Achievement Award
Besides the above mentioned awards, CRITICS CHOICE AWARDS, AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARDS will be presented in the events.
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Cosmo Film Festival (CFF), you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
Submitting your film to the CFF is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a award or certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
Films must have been completed between December 1st 2017 and December 30th, 2020.
Do not submit works in progress.
Do not submit industrial or instructional works.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The film submitted to the CFF for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
3. A director / producer/ Festival agent may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
4. The CFF is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
5. The CFF reserves the right to refuse entries.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CFF, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The CFF will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CFF programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges of panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CFF judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. CFF may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules & Terms.
All feature films submitted must be available for exhibition in one of the following formats: DCP (preferably unencrypted) or BLU-RAY. DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.
All short films submitted must be available for exhibition as a CFF-approved ProRes digital file. Short films will be transferred temporarily onto CFF’s secure and private hard drive system for presentation in one or more of our compiled short programs. BLU-RAY AND DVD WILL NOT BE SCREENED FOR EXHIBITION.For programming consideration, the festival only accepts online screeners (FilmFreeway or Vimeo via FilmFreeway). WE DO NOT ACCEPT DVD SUBMISSIONS.
All films must be submitted as either an online screener or Vimeo link for consideration. If links are password-protected, passwords must be valid through January 30, 2021 or your submission will be considered INVALID and will be DISQUALIFIED with no refund.
After submitting, please check your FilmFreeway account to make sure that your submission meets our requirements and is 'In Consideration'. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is given. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is given. Within one week after your submission date, you'll receive a confirmation email that we've received your submission, as well as any potential notifications of further information we need from you.
Response from festival:
Dear Submitter...we have explained patiently to you about your quries by mail and about the process of the possibilites of become awardee of this festival event.
But you have not ready to accept the reality and ofcourse not even understood the things and adamentaly stood on your grudge mentality.
Simply because of your film not became an awardee, we are never felt that we are worst, as you mentioned.
Rather we proud about ourselves that we have arrived and took correct decision based on principles and ethics.
Anyhow we are really worried about such a worst review received from the Submitter.
In future we will be more careful to forward the further process.