Welcome to Tokyo CINEMASTERS International Film Festival.
We are hosting our 2nd Annual Festival in Tokyo, Japan.
Through discovering films and directing talent from across the globe, our film festival was founded with the mission of developing the next generation of cinema.
Japan loves all cinema, regardless of country, language, or race.
The culture of watching films with subtitles is well established here, with releases from a multitude of nations each year.
However, the majority of those releases are limited to commercial movies. The reality is that there are a wealth of fantastic overseas directors and films lying dormant that we’re never exposed to. The lack of “international” film festivals in Japan has also been an issue.
Based in Tokyo, a place where new and diverse booms are born, this festival brings together films and people active on a global stage.
A festival where you can see cinematic work that cross boundaries of race and language.
Best Drama Short
Best Horror Short
Best Animated Short
Best Narrative Music Video
- Films under 40 minutes are considered short film category.
- No premiere requirements.
- Non-English nor Japanese language submissions must be subtitled in English or Japanese.
By submitting your film, you agree that TOKYO CINEMASTERS INT'L FILM FESTIVAL
can use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
To submit a film, you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
PLEASE READ THE RULES BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING:
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
TCIF will review films in their entirety. Films will be watched and reviewed by members of the Selection Committee; a professional group of filmmakers.
1. Entries in foreign languages must come with English subtitles.
2. All entries must have been completed after 2015.
3. You must own or be given all of the rights to anything you submit to the festival.
4. Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category. But the entry fee must be paid for each one.
5. A screening committee determines which films shall be exhibited, submissions are not guaranteed to be shown. All decisions of the committee are final.
6. After a film has been an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified.
7. Winners will be presented with their awards at the festival.
8. Submissions are NON-refundable.
EXHIBITION FORMAT AT THE FESTIVAL:
Apple ProRes, H264, Blu-ray.
- SHORT FILMS: All selected short films will be screened at the festival.
- FEATURE FILMS: No screening for feature film, only award giving for the winner. (Due to Covid19, our program for this year needs to be held on a smaller scale)