Chelsea Film Festival (CFF) was selected in the "TOP 10 BEST FILM FESTIVAL IN NORTH AMERICA" (#6) by USA Today in 2019 among 19 other film festivals in the USA.
CFF is an organization dedicated to supporting films and the artists who create them by providing a creative forum for exchange and discovery.
The Festival attracts filmmakers, artists and audience members from across America and the world. It premieres independent narrative features, documentaries, short films and TV series focusing on global issues.
Chelsea Film Festival is an international film competition that aims to discover upcoming talents by raising awareness about American & foreign independent films.
The Chelsea Film Festival is launching a Screenwriting Incubator in partnership with TD Ready Commitment to uplift 10 outstanding NY-based BIPOC screenwriter-directors in support of their next live action short film under 5 minutes. Participants will go through an intensive script workshop alongside a professional mentor, film their scripts with funding support and screen their completed projects at the 11th Edition of the 2023 Chelsea Film Festival. Ultimately, one short film will be selected as the winner and awarded a $5k grant from TD for their next project.
BIPOC screenwriter-directors interested must submit their resume, bio and a brief synopsis (2-3 sentences) via FilmFreeway by January 2nd. Once submitted, selected screenwriters will be invited to submit their final application.
There are 20+ awards in each category Short, Feature-Length and TV Series (Best actor, actress, supporting actor, actress, screenplay, documentary, director, Best Picture).
2023 CONDITIONS FOR ELIGIBILITY - 11th Annual Chelsea Film Festival
SHORTS, FEATURES, DOCUMENTARIES, TV SERIES:
• Entries must be New York City premieres and have been completed in 2022 or 2023. Films shown in other festivals or public screenings in New York are not eligible for consideration. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if your film is a WORLD PREMIERE
• Work can only be submitted via streaming video
• Exhibition Format authorized: DCP
• Feature-length Films and Documentaries must be between 90 minutes maximum and not less than 60 minutes
• Short Films must be under 20 minutes maximum
• TV Series must be under 40 minutes maximum
• Films must not have been released on any online platforms prior to the Festival (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, YouTube, etc.)
• Films in any language other than English must be subtitled in English
• Theme: Global Issues
• Submissions are not refundable
Sponsored by TD Ready Commitment
• Entries must be from New York based BIPOC screenwriter-directors
• Short Film script must be under 5 minutes (6 pages inclusive of cover page)
• Short Film script must be in English
• Resume and Biography are mandatory
• Synopsis must be a short paragraph (2-3 sentences)
• Submissions are non refundable
Visit CFF's website for more information on this program: https://chelseafilm.org/screenwriting-incubator
Force Majeur Clause: Due to Covid-19 pandemic and unforeseen outcome, the Chelsea Film Festival reserves the right to postpone or move the event to a digital platform if necessary.