The BingeHorror Online Film Awards is an online film festival honoring achievements in the horror genre by filmmakers, content creators, performers and writers. Hosted by BingeHorror, the streaming service dedicated to rare, sexy and exclusive indie horror available worldwide online, on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS & Android devices. Our goal is to highlight and give exposure to new and exciting voices in the horror genre.
Short films and feature films selected for the online film festival will screen 100% free to worldwide audiences on BingeHorror's official website and its TV and mobile apps, from October 24th through November 15th. All films with at least one nomination will be part of this year's official selection. September 22nd UPDATE: Due to an abundant number of submissions this year, our festival will also name a small number of honorable mentions.
Additionally, all films officially screening at the online film festival will be paid royalties for the hours of streaming on BingeHorror.
Presented by: http://www.bingehorror.com
OCTOBER 15TH UPDATE: Our 2020 Winners and Nominees have been announced!
Full list here: https://bit.ly/2IzLZZW
- All films selected for the online film festival will stream 100% free on BingeHorror.com and the BingeHorror TV and mobile apps from October 24th to November 15th.
- All our award nominees and winners will receive digital festival laurels.
- All nominations and awards will be posted and made publicly available on BingeHorror.com and in press releases sent to the horror media.
- Our Award winners will receive a free annual subscription to BingeHorror (see rules & terms).
- All festival nominees will be presented with a totally optional, non-exclusive offer for monetized digital distribution on the platforms associated with the festival (including BingeHorror).
- The winners will be judged by a panel of experienced horror filmmakers with feature films currently available on video on demand, streaming services and/or Blu-ray DVD; along with notable horror media personalities.
- Filmmakers with film(s) screening at the festival will be paid royalties for the hours of streaming of their content on the platform (see rules & terms for the compensation model).
Our 2020 categories are:
Best Horror Feature Film
Best Horror Feature Director
Best Perfomance in a Horror Feature Film
Best Horror Feature Screenplay (of a Completed Film)
Best Horror Short Film
Best Horror Short Director
Best Horror Short Screenplay (of a Completed Film)
Best Performance in a Horror Short
Submit your feature films and shorts now exclusively on FilmFreeway.
1. By submitting your film to any category of this online film festival you guarantee you own all rights necessary to screen your content.
2. Films submitted to the festival cannot contain unlicensed songs, unlicensed music or unlicensed footage/voice recordings.
3. All films must have been completed on or after January 1st, 2018. Completed means the film is finished and ready to screen.
4. Films currently available to the public on popular free platforms like Youtube or Vimeo are eligible for nominations and awards.
5. Feature films available on Amazon Prime Video or similar paid platforms are eligible for nominations and awards.
6. Horror is an open-minded genre and so are we, but we will reject any film depicting illegal or illicit acts of any kind (based on US federal jurisdiction).
7. We're only accepting films in the English language or Foreign Language films with Ingrained (hardcoded) subtitles. We do not accept closed-captioning.
8. Those submitting under Student Discounted Fee will be requested proof of active school enrollment as of May 1st, 2020.
9. Read carefully before submitting to any category. There are no refunds.
10. Royalty payment is SVOD model: payment is based on the total subscription revenue for the streaming service between October24th and November 15th, 2020 (also known as the period), after operational and marketing expenses are recouped by BingeHorror. The remaining total subscription revenue after expenses is then allocated among all films in the streaming service catalog based on the hours watched for the filmmaker's film(s) compared to all hours watched in the entire streaming service during the period. Payments will be made via PayPal and/or Venmo, no later than December 18th, 2020. All payments and accounting will be final and confidential. Operational and marketing expenses is confidential information only available to BingeHorror officials. BingeHorror reserves the right to remove a film from the streaming service at any time without cause.
11. By submitting your film to the festival, filmmaker and/or copyright holder agrees that: I, holder of rights of the submitted film, will grant the following rights to BingeHorror acting as licensee: Worldwide, non-exclusive SVOD (subscription) rights for the period. Filmmaker retains all other rights. Licensee shall guarantee that there will be an appropriate protection system installed to prevent illegal downloading of the film to computers or other devices. BingeHorror will not make or permit any use of the film(s) in the festival other than as specifically authorized in this document. Each title will be broadcast in full, as delivered, including all titles and credits. BingeHorror will have the right to use footage and/or artwork of the film in the promotion of the festival through November 15th, 2020.
12. Filmmaker will be responsible to pay for music and performance rights, all other rights royalties and license fees related to musical composition and/or sound recordings. Filmmaker will be responsible for (a) accounting for and/or making any payments to third party participants in the proceeds of the film and to persons appearing in or rendering services in connection therewith and (b) all guild payments or residuals payable with respect to the film. Filmmaker will pay any taxes, customs or other charges imposed by any law, ordinance or requirement any governmental body, professional organization or union in connection with the licensing, delivery, broadcast, possession, use or redelivery of any masters or film material of any films or portion thereof.
13. Participation and screening a film during the film festival does not constitute a partnership or relationship of agency or joint venture between the filmmaker and BingeHorror.
14. Year Subscription (Save 16%) to BingeHorror: Watch indie horror movies all year long for only $29.99/month and save 16%. BingeHorror brings you sexy, rare and exclusive horror films, updated weekly. Subscribe now to start your 7-day free trial. After the trial, your annual subscription will begin at the low price of $29.99 USD (plus any taxes). Cancel anytime before the trial ends and you will not be charged. Charges on your card will appear as STREAMSERV REELN LLC. After that, your subscription will automatically renew until cancelled. Filmmakers winning one or more awards will receive up to two free annual subscriptions to BingeHorror. Creating an account requires using a valid email address and entering certain personal information. All account owner's information will be private. Start your free trial to binge-watch horror movies now. Go to: http://www.bingehorror.com/subscribe
15. By screening a film at the online film festival, the filmmaker agrees to all terms of services (present and unknown) as set by BingeHorror, POWR, Roku, Amazon, Apple, Google Play, GoDaddy, and others in relation to the maintenance and operation of BingeHorror.com and all BingeHorror tv and mobile apps.
16. Upon notification of acceptance into the festival no later than October 11th, filmmaker must deliver the required assets no later than October 18th, 2020.
17. The decision of the judges will be final and cannot be contested in any manner.
18. Assets delivery: Materials must be digitally delivered via FilmFreeway, Dropbox, Google Drive, WeTransfer, etc. MP4 HD 1080p or 720p version of the full film, vertical poster (preferred size is 1400x2100 JPEG or PNG), any marketing, stills and any relevant publicity materials; trailers and behind the scenes (if available).
Watch sexy, rare and exclusive indie horror movies online for a low monthly price. Updated weekly. Stream horror films 24/7 on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Play, Chromecast, Android and iOS. Subscribe today to activate your 7-day free trial.