The main goal of Burgas International Film Festival is to develop a sustainable platform for presentation of feature and short movies by acquainting the audience with the contemporary cinema art.
The mission of The Festival is to turn Burgas into cultural venue of filmmakers and movie fans.
The main scope of the Festival is to present the current trends in the Bulgarian and international cinema practice and to provoke intercultural dialogue.
"OFFICIAL SELECTION - IN COMPETITION"
The OFFICIAL SELECTION laurel is given to all films.
Festival Competition Program includes:
Best Feature Film
Danny Lerner Award. The award is € 10 000 in worth of services by Nu Boyana Film Studios.
Best Short Film
"OFFICIAL SELECTION - OUT of COMPETITION"
The OFFICIAL SELECTION - out of competition laurel is given to all films selected in the following categories:
Burgas International Film Festival categories:
BEST FEATURE International Competition
BEST SHORT International Competition
The Selection Committee of BIFF consists of three members. They could be film professionals from all areas of the film industry.
• Each film which has fully completed set of documents for participation will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
• Films, propagandizing pornography, racial, ethnical and/or religious, gender or sexual discrimination or violence will be ignored.
• Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival programme during the event.
• The screening copies of the films selected for the official competition program must be uploaded at the Festival Cloud - storage no later than May 28th 2020.
• Each filmmaker can present for the competition program up to four movies, made during the previous and the current year (2019, 2020).
• The Festival does not pay fees to the authors for film screenings.
• Each movie will be screened ones.
• The films must have a clear copyright. The Festival is not liable for claims of a third party to infringe a copyright or related right.