The Backpackinglight.com Adventure Film Festival features films that tell stories about human-powered backcountry travel. Live screening: Laramie, Wyoming, February 2020
During the Selection Screening Phase, all submitted films will be reviewed. A Selection Committee will then award the "Official Selection" designation to all films that will be considered for Juried and Member's Choice Awards.
Awards are selected based on feedback from our community members, who will get to enjoy a private, live, online screening prior to the festival premiere:
* Grand Prize
* Member's Choice
Prize packages of outdoor equipment will be awarded to the Grand Prize and Members Choice Award Winners. In addition, Backpackinglight.com will issue a cash donation in the Grand Prize Winner’s name to a nonprofit trail advocacy organization of their choice.
The Backpackinglight.com Adventure Film Festival is open to all filmmakers. To qualify, you must meet all of the following conditions:
You agree that upon submission of your film:
* You grant a nonexclusive, worldwide license to Backpackinglight.com to have your film distributed via any and all media, promotional, and marketing channels owned by Backpackinglight.com;
* You have secured all necessary rights for the use of your footage, audio, video, and all other media types used in your film, and such footage can be distributed in any media including online video sharing platforms without copyright claim;
* No laws, rules, or regulations were violated during the making of the film, and that minimum impact guidelines (e.g., Leave No Trace) were practiced respectfully as appropriate for the locality.
* You release Backpackinglight.com and its officers, employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, members, customers, affiliates, and other parties with formal and informal business relationships with Backpackinglight.com from any and all liability resulting from damages caused by the production or distribution of your film.
* You warrant that final production of your film was completed no earlier than one year prior to the festival submission deadline date.
Backpackinglight.com employees, contractors, staff, and affiliates may submit films but will not be eligible for juried awards.
Contact the festival director, Ryan Jordan at email@example.com.