Arthouse Urban Film Fest is a by Arthouse Film Society. After the successful inaugural fest we are back with the 3rd year call for entry. We are looking for engaging film from any genre. Arthouse Urban Film Fest is an annual breeding space of independent filmmakers. Over the years, independent filmmaking has changed a lot; the Asian independent filmmaking market is increasing steadily. We at ArtHouse resonates the idea “United we stand, divide we fall”. That’s why the inception of Arthouse Urban Film Fest, an effort to unite worldwide independent filmmakers in a single platform. We know the path is not an easy way, but we believe independent filmmaking is the true way of practising art through filmmaking medium.
The studio system is a money generating system; it does not allow experimentation as it always tends to follow the already established monetary model. So we believe independent filmmaking is the future of filmmaking.
This year we are looking for fictions, documentary, animation, VR films, video arts, short films and full-length films. Every selected submission will be eligible for “Golden Wood Award” which will be presented after the festival.
The event will be happening at the “Art Rickshaw”—the home of arthouse films in Asia.
The filmmakers and cinephiles will experience eventful two days in the late-October. There will be coffee table discussions, Meet the media sessions and post-screening discussion sessions along with dinner parties.
What else with Official Selection ?
We are looking for independent content originated across the world in any languages. All the official selections will be screened during the fest in front of the prolific liberal audience from the oldest cosmopolitan city of Asia.
The winning films will be awarded the prestigious “Golden Wood Award”. These films will be introduced and marketed at various Asian Film Markets by Arthouse World Network if opted.
Every audience will be requested to fill up a feedback form and all the filled up forms will be sent to the filmmakers as we know it matters a lot for them.
for each and every category.
Short documentaries and fictions are preferably under 30 min long but not longer than 45 min.
Feature films are 60 min and up.
International films are very welcome to compete in the Best Features and Best Short category.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREMIERE STATUS:
ArtHouse Urban Film Fest does not demand an international or national premiere requirement.
We accept any films completed after 1st January 2016.
Please submit subtitles on all work except English spoken films.
WORK IN PROGRESS OR ROUGH CUTS are not eligible.
All films are viewed by the festival programmers and/or the jury. Each film is viewed a minimum of two times, rated, and will move on to the next stage based off of those ratings. Our programmers and jury will make final decisions and notify filmmakers accordingly.
All decisions are final and feedback for individual films is not available.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT:
All films will screen at the festival in DCP or BLU-Ray or DVD at the Art Rickshaw. We will nominate according to categories listed above and select the winning film in each category in the official selection. Winner is entitled to use to laurels on poster and all marketing material.
For officially selected films, only transport costs between screening locations during the Festival are covered by the ArtHouse Urban Film Fest. This does not include screenings organized by the producer or rights owner of a film. In a case of loss or damage to a print, the ArtHouse Urban Film Fest will not reimburse any amount.
-ArtHouse Urban Film Fest reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
– Films selected may not be withdrawn from the festival program after its registration.
– Arthouse Urban Film Fest will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
– The festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
– Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the right to screen and not to screen the winning films.
– Only producers, directors, and main actors/actress can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who can’t attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels. We reserve the right to decide which nominated films that will be a part of the screening of 2017 based on the quality of their showcase Blu-Ray or DCP or DVD as well as program scheduling. Winners will be announced online and in press. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions. Arthouse Urban Film Fest will be working with film-related institutions and partner film festivals or film markets for all kind of cooperation like screening few selected films to those institutions or representing and promoting selected films to other film festivals and markets. We think of this kind of cooperations because it will create an opportunity for our filmmakers to get involved in more dialogues about their films.
CHANGES AND ALTERATIONS:
The festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
Entry fees are refundable as per the submission platform guideline.