International Young Audience Film Festival Ale Kino!
APPLAUDED every year by several thousand spectators - amused, moved and engaged in discussion - those already literate with the art of cinema and those about to begin their film adventure.
EXPERIENCED, as befits a fifty-year-older, but still curious about the world.
COLLECTIVE, as a film crew, where all act jointly, but where there is also enough room for eccentric individualities.
LOCAL AND GLOBAL, owing to films from all over the world, to remind us that every place on earth can be its centre and the periphery forgotten.
OPEN to artistic transformation and technological revolutions that change the world, but mindful of what is passing.
FAMILY-LIKE, because we all desire a sense of security, closeness, belonging and acceptance, even though not all of us find them at home.
GIVING VOICE to children, parents, teachers, directors, actors, producers and critics, since the dialogue is based on listening.
CREATED OUT OF LOVE FOR THE CINEMA, with the feeling that love is a passion that also requires responsibility, fairness and respect.
EDUCATING young generations and eager to learn from them.
RICH with the number of screenings and the power of message of that one film we will remember for a lifetime.
We are fascinated by the cinema addressed to children and youth. Good cinema. Open to various ways of perceiving the world and fluent with many languages of the film. Happy to present premieres, at the same time we nostalgically recall classic and forgotten images. We award both renowned productions and films just entering the screens. We invite the doyens of the cinema and debutants alike, but most of all – we invite viewers.
We are happy about the prizes awarded by:
Polish Film Institute – category: Young Audience Educational Project (2008)
Polish Film Institute – category: International Film Event of the Year (2012)
The European Citizen's Prize awarded by the European Parliament (2012)
The professional international jury shall award:
- Golden Goats to the best full-length film for children and a cash prize of EUR 4,000 (before tax)* paid to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to the best short film for children and a cash prize of EUR 1,500 (before tax)* paid to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to best full-length film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 4,000 (before tax)* paid to the film director (as a natural person);
- Golden Goats to best short film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 1,500 (before tax)* paid to the film director (as a natural person);
The young people’s jury awards:
- the Marcin prize to the best full-length film for young people
- the Marcin prize to the best short film for young people.
The children’s jury awards:
- the Marcinek prize to the best full-length film for children
- the Marcinek prize to the short film for children.
The teacher’s jury award:
- the Teacher’s Prize to the best full-length film for children.
Festival audience award:
- the Audience Prize to the best full-length film for young people.
The Festival Organisers annually award the special prize of Platinum Goats for the excellent film or audiovisual media output aimed at young audiences.
1. The 36. International Young Audience Film Festival Ale Kino! (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) will be held in Poznań from December 2nd to December 9th 2018.
2. The aim of the Festival is to present and promote valuable films for children and young people.
3. The Festival Organiser is Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu (Children’s Art Centre in Poznań).
4. The Festival Director is the director of the Children’s Art Centre in Poznań.
5. The Festival programme comprises the following sections:
a) The International Competition of full-length and short films for children and young people, which presents films made in the years 2016-2018. Both full-length and short films (live-action as well as animated ones) are eligible for the competition. Competition films will be categorised either as children’s films or as films for young people. Films will be categorised by the Organisers;
b) fringe sections and special screenings, where out-of-competition films for children, young people and adults are presented.
SELECTION OF FILMS
6. Films may be entered by their authors, producers or other authorized persons.
7. The Organisers of the Festival shall select films for the Festival.
8. Only the films which have been entered on time and in compliance with these Regulations are subject to selection for all Festival screenings. Each film which has been entered must be accompanied by:
a) the entry form filled in online (available at www.alekino.com)
b) a screener with the film in an English language version or with English subtitles.
9. The competition is open to a film which meets the following criteria:
a) it is a live-action or animated film, either full-length or short one (where ‘full-length’ means longer than 60 minutes and ‘short’ means shorter than 30 minutes), made after 1 January 2016;
b) it is available as a DCP, BluRay, or a digital file. Screening from other sources is acceptable provided it is agreed with the Organisers in advance;
c) it represents a separate artistic whole.
10. Entry forms and other materials for the competition section must be submitted by 31 July 2018.
11. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to obtain authorisation to use and enter the film in the Festival.
12. All Entrants will be notified of the selection results as soon as the selection process is complete.
13. In the event of selecting a film for the competition, the Entrant shall provide the following immediately:
a) a printed entry form with a handwritten signature;
b) information for the Festival catalogue (the details as to what information is necessary, shall be made specific by the Organisers);
c) subtitles in a language agreed upon with the Organisers;
d) other promotional materials.
14. Once a film is selected for the Festival programme, the signed entry forms and other materials must be sent to the following address:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82
Fax +48 61 64 64 472
Full-length films: email@example.com,
Short films: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. The submitted materials and entry form shall be returned only if the entry is accompanied by a written request to do so.
OTHER RIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL:
16. By submitting a film the Entrant grants the Festival the rights to use the following materials:
a) the film print: in the main Festival screening and additional screenings during the Festival;
b) the submitted promotional materials: in Festival publications (printed materials, Festival website, catalogues, Festival programme) and for the purposes of promoting the Festival in the media. The Entrant hereby agrees that the submitted materials may be edited by the Organisers;
c) parts of the film:shown in television reports connected with the Festival, and for the purposes of promoting the film and the Festival (a trailer or a fragment up to 2 minutes long for a full-length film and up to 1 minute for a short film).
17. The Organisers reserve the right to use parts of the film and promotional materials to promote subsequent Festival editions in accordance with article 16. Subject to the provisions of articles 16 and 17, the Entrant grants the Organisers a license or authorises the Organisers, as applicable, to exercise derivative rights in the Work, free of charge.
18. The Entrant shall submit a print of the film which has been selected for the Festival by November 23rd 2018 to the address of the Festival Organisers:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82, pok. 345
19. The print shall be on the medium and in the format indicated in the entry form, in the original language version, with English subtitles (if English is not the original language of the film), in good technical condition.
20. The print must be properly labelled.
21. The Entrant shall cover the cost of shipping the print to the Festival address unless it is agreed otherwise with the Organisers. The sender shall follow shipment instructions, which will be provided by the Festival Organisers. The instructions shall be provided together with the notification of selection results.
22. The cost of returning the print shall be covered by the Festival unless it is agreed otherwise with the Entrant. The Festival is responsible for returning the print in condition not worse than resulting from its proper usage.
23. The cost of print insurance up to the amount indicated in the entry form shall be covered by the Festival. The insurance shall cover the period from the delivery of the print to the Organiser’s address by the delivering carrier, to the collection of the print from the Organiser by the returning carrier.
24. The print shall be returned to the indicated address after the Festival. The Organisers are not liable for any loss or damage that may result from indicating the wrong address.
JURIES AND PRIZES
25. The professional international jury shall award:
a) Golden Goats to the best full-length film for children and a cash prize of EUR 4,000 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
b) Golden Goats to the best short film for children and a cash prize of EUR 1,500 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
c) Golden Goats to the best full-length film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 4,000 gross* to the film director (as a natural person);
d) Golden Goats to the best short film for young people and a cash prize of EUR 1,500 gross* to the film director (as a natural person).
The prizes shall be paid out in cash or by bank transfer, in Polish zlotys, after tax deductions, if applicable.* If the Winner’s bank does not accept transfers in Polish zlotys, a bank transfer may be made in euros or American dollars. As soon as the Winners are announced, the Organisers shall send each Winner a form to be filled in with details necessary to make the payment. The completed form must be returned to the Organisers by email (full-length films: email@example.com, short films: firstname.lastname@example.org) within 10 days after receiving it. The prizes shall be paid out within 60 days after the Organisers receive a duly completed form, which must be submitted together with the original certificate of tax residence in the case of non-resident Winners wishing to avoid double taxation.
Should the winning film have more than one director, the prize shall be divided equally between the Winners.