International Young Audience Film Festival Ale Kino!
APPLAUDED every year by several thousand spectators - amused, moved and engaged in discussion - those already literate with the art of cinema and those about to begin their film adventure.
EXPERIENCED, as befits a fifty-year-older, but still curious about the world.
COLLECTIVE, as a film crew, where all act jointly, but where there is also enough room for eccentric individualities.
LOCAL AND GLOBAL, owing to films from all over the world, to remind us that every place on earth can be its centre and the periphery forgotten.
OPEN to artistic transformation and technological revolutions that change the world, but mindful of what is passing.
FAMILY-LIKE, because we all desire a sense of security, closeness, belonging and acceptance, even though not all of us find them at home.
GIVING VOICE to children, parents, teachers, directors, actors, producers and critics, since the dialogue is based on listening.
CREATED OUT OF LOVE FOR THE CINEMA, with the feeling that love is a passion that also requires responsibility, fairness and respect.
EDUCATING young generations and eager to learn from them.
RICH with the number of screenings and the power of message of that one film we will remember for a lifetime.
We are fascinated by the cinema addressed to children and youth. Good cinema. Open to various ways of perceiving the world and fluent with many languages of the film. Happy to present premieres, at the same time we nostalgically recall classic and forgotten images. We award both renowned productions and films just entering the screens. We invite the doyens of the cinema and debutants alike, but most of all – we invite viewers.
We are happy about the prizes awarded by:
Polish Film Institute – category: Young Audience Educational Project (2008)
Polish Film Institute – category: International Film Event of the Year (2012)
The European Citizen's Prize awarded by the European Parliament (2012)
The professional international jury shall award:
- Golden Goats to the best full-length film for children;
- Golden Goats to the best short film for children;
- Golden Goats to best full-length film for young people;
- Golden Goats to best short film for young people.
The young people’s jury awards:
- the Marcin prize to the best full-length film for young people
- the Marcin prize to the best short film for young people.
The children’s jury awards:
- the Marcinek prize to the best full-length film for children
- the Marcinek prize to the short film for children.
Festival audience award:
- the Audience Prize to the best full-length film for young people.
The Festival Organisers annually award the special prize of Platinum Goats for the excellent film or audiovisual media output aimed at young audiences.
Regulations of the Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival
The 41st Ale Kino! International Young Audience Film Festival (hereinafter referred to as the Festival) will be held in Poznań from November 26th to December 3rd, 2023.
The aim of the Festival is to present and promote valuable films for children and young people.
The Festival is organised by Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu (Children’s Art Centre in Poznań, the Organiser).
The Festival Director is the director of the Children’s Art Centre in Poznań, unless the director of the Children’s Art Centre in Poznań or a superior authority designates another person.
The Festival programme comprises the following sections:
International Competition of full-length and short films for children and young people, featuring films made between 2021 and 2023. Full-length and short films (live-action, animations, documentaries) are eligible for the competition. Competition films will be evaluated in two categories: films for children and films for young people. The categories are assigned by the Organiser.
Fringe sections and special screenings, where out-of-competition films for children, young people and adults are presented.
SELECTION OF FILMS
The call for entries opens on March 1st, 2023.
Films may be entered by authorized persons: authors, producers or other.
Whether a film will be admitted to the Festival is decided by the Organiser.
Only films which have been entered within the specified time limit and in compliance with these Regulations are subject to selection for Festival screenings. Each entry must be accompanied by:
An entry form completed online (available on FilmFreeway).
A screener with the film in an English language version or with English subtitles.
The competition is open to films which meet the following criteria:
Are live-action, animated or documentary films, either full-length or short ones, made after January 1st, 2021. ‘Full-length’ should be understood as longer than 60 minutes. ‘Short’ should be understood as shorter than 30 minutes.
Films are available as a DCP, digital files or other.
Represent a separate artistic whole.
The final deadline for submitting entry forms and materials for the competition section is July 31st, 2023.
It is the Entrant’s responsibility to obtain authorisation to use and enter the film in the Festival.
The Organiser will notify all Entrants of the selection results as soon as the selection process is complete.
In the event of selecting a film for the competition, the Entrant shall provide the following immediately:
information for the Festival catalogue (the Organiser will provide the details as to what information is necessary);
subtitles in a language agreed upon with the Organiser;
other promotional materials
via electronic mail:
full-length films: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
short films: firstname.lastname@example.org
or traditional mail:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82
15. The materials will be sent back to the sender only for a request of submitting persons.
OTHER RIGHTS OF THE FESTIVAL
16. The Entrant grants the Festival the right to use the following materials:
a copy of the film for the purposes of cinema screenings under the conditions agreed upon with the Festival;
the submitted promotional materials: in Festival publications (printed materials, Festival website, catalogues, Festival programme) and for the purposes of promoting the Festival in the media. The Entrant hereby agrees that the submitted materials may be edited by the Organiser;
parts of the film: in television and Internet reports connected with the Festival, and for the purposes of promoting the film and the Festival (a trailer or a fragment up to 2 minutes long for a full-length film and up to 1 minute for a short film, chosen by the Organiser).
17. The Organiser reserves the right to use parts of the film and promotional materials provided by the Entrant to promote subsequent Festival editions in accordance with Article 16. Subject to the provisions of Articles 16 and 17 the Entrant grants the Organiser a licence or authorises the Organiser, as applicable, to exercise derivative rights in the Work free of charge.
18. The copies of the films selected for participation in the Festival should be delivered to the address of the Festival Organiser
in an electronic form as a download link to the copy of the film:
for feature films: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
for short films: email@example.com
or in a physical form to the address of the Festival:
Centrum Sztuki Dziecka w Poznaniu
Św. Marcin 80/82 pok. 345
61-809 Poznań, Poland
In either case, no later than November 20th, 2023.
19. The copy, properly labelled, shall be on the medium and in the format indicated in the entry form, in the original language version without subtitles, accompanied by a separate file containing English subtitles (if English is not the original language of the film).
20. The Entrant shall cover the cost of shipping the copy to the Festival address, unless it is agreed otherwise with the Organiser. The sender shall follow shipment instructions, which will be provided by the Festival Organiser. The instructions shall be provided together with the notification of selection results.
21. The cost of returning the copy shall be covered by the Festival, unless it is agreed otherwise with the Entrant. The Festival obliges itself to return the copy in a state not worse than it is caused by a normal exploitation.
22. The cost of insurance of the copy, up to the value specified in the entry form, shall be covered by the Festival. The insurance shall cover the period from the delivery of the copy to the Organiser’s address by the delivering carrier, to the collection thereof from the Organiser by the returning carrier.
23. A physical copy will be returned to the address indicated after the end of the Festival. The Organiser takes no responsibility for consequences of wrongly indicated address.
JURIES AND PRIZES
24. The professional international jury shall award:
Golden Goats to the best full-length film for children;
Golden Goats to the best short film for children;
Golden Goats to the best full-length film for young people;
Golden Goats to the best short film for young people.
25. The children’s jury shall award the Marcinek prizes to the best full-length and the best short film for children.
26. The young people’s jury shall award the Marcin prizes to the best full-length and the best short film for young people.
27. The Festival audience shall award its prize to the best full-length film.
The Festival Organiser shall award the special prize of Platinum Goats for excellent film or audiovisual media output aimed at young audiences.
Other special prizes funded by private individuals, institutions and organisations may also be awarded in agreement with the Organiser.
30. The Organiser invites selected authors of films qualified to the Festival, as well as excellent individuals, press members, distributors, producers and people connected with audiovisual culture for children and youth.
31. By entering a film in the Festival and participating in the Festival the Entrant agrees to comply with these Regulations.
32. The Festival Organiser is not liable for any damage or loss resulting from the infringement of the rights of third parties that may arise in connection with the use of the submitted works, unless the infringement has been caused solely by the Organiser. The Entrant hereby indemnifies the Organiser from any liability in that respect.
33. In the event of doubt as to the interpretation of these Regulations, the Polish language version shall prevail.
34. Issues not covered by these Regulations are subject to decisions made by the Festival Director.