Zinetika is a multidisciplinary festival that explores the relationships between dance and audiovisual arts, body and technology, creating together in search of different artistic experiences. The Festival hosts proposals of dance films, performance, masterclasses and workshops around this theme.
All this makes Zinetika a platform for cultural experiences shared by organisations and creators from different artistic fields and origins, both local and international. The festival is held in Pamplona/Iruña, San Sebastian/Donostia and Bilbao/Bilbo.
Best Film Zinetika 2020: 500 €
Best director Zinetika 2020: 500 €
The films that will be part of the Zinetika Official Selection will be projected in the three cities where the festival will take place this year; Pamplona, San Sebastian and Bilbao.
General rules and regulations 2021
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Submission of a film constitutes acceptance of the Entry Rules & Regulations.
1-The applicant submitting the film acknowledges that he or she has obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the film. This consent is required to submit the film to Zinetika Festival. The organization reserves the right to interpret the bases.
2- Zinetika Festival is a non-profit event and, unlike many other festivals, does not charge entry fee. This also means, that for the films entered into competition, Zinetika Festival does not pay film right fees. This is a fair, win-win situation.
3-Zinetika is based in 3 cities and the festival tries to create "embassies" in order to promote dance films and the artist’s work. Besides the official festival screening, the selected films can be screened in other locations, cities and countries. Artists will always be notified about these screenings. The artists and its films will always be treated with the maximum respect they deserve.
4-Participation terms and conditions
• The call is open to filmmakers/collectives of any nationality, which may present one work or more than one.
• Works must be visual creations for dance/movement and vice versa, of a maximum duration of 20 min. Videos that only record a dance show are excluded from this call.
• There is no production year limitation
• The works must be original and all rights must be held by the authors.
• Submissions must be made through this platform.
• The selection will be made by a professional jury and the resolution of the commission will be final.
• The selected works will become part of the festival’s video library.
If selected, following materials need to be provided to the festival within a maximum period of 10 days from notification date:
• Full HD. Codec: H264. Format: MP4
Aspect: 16:9 o 4/3 depending on the source
AVG Bitrate: 10MBPS or more
Sound: 5.1 AAC 48Hz 320 or stereo. (Only 1 audio layer mixed)
Framerate: 24 or 25fps
• Also accepted: Master ProRes HD 422 5.1 and/or 2.0 at 25fps or 24 fps
• Subtitles: Films with dialogue require Spanish subtitles. We can help you with the translation if needed, but you will have to provide the subtitle file (.srt file or the film file with burned subtitles)
• Film trailer (if available)
• Film poster and stills or photos
• Title and short synopsis
• Year, production country, duration
• Social Media