"The Worldwide Women's Film Festival educates, supports, and empowers filmmakers in the collaborative endeavor of filmmaking while we shine a light on stories by women, and other diverse experiences across all genders."
Qualified films must be a quality, completed film AND have at least one woman in a key creative behind the scenes role (e.g. Writer, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Composer or other significant behind the scenes role). If the film is in another language, it must contain Closed Captioning or Voice Overs in English. This includes the end credits of your film.
Submission Forms must be filled out COMPLETELY, specifically identifying within the CREDITS section those crew members in the behind the scenes positions that prove the film meets the criteria (quality, completed film that has AT LEAST ONE WOMAN IN A KEY CREATIVE BEHIND THE SCENES ROLE). Also, if you are submitting your film as a Student Project, you must UPLOAD A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT STUDENT ID with your Submission. Without this information, the film will not meet eligibility for the Festival. Be sure to include correct and current contact information for us to reach out to you if there are questions regarding your Submission.
Film entries under 60 minutes are considered shorts.
Films entries 60 minutes or longer are considered feature-length.
Web Series entries must include a minimum of 2 episodes (with a maximum of 3 episodes), and the total submission time of the Entry should be no more than 30 minutes long total.
All genres, narrative and documentary, will be accepted.
All filmmakers are welcome, as we are not exclusive to women only, as long as the film entries meet the Festival's criteria for submission.
1. Best Feature Film
2. Best Short Film
3. Best Documentary Feature Film
4. Best Documentary Short Film
5. Best Student Feature Film
6. Best Student Short Film
7. Best Student Documentary Feature Film
8. Best Student Documentary Short Film
9. Best Web Series
10. Best Music Video
11. Best Actor (Female)
12. Best Actor (Male)
13. Best Ensemble Cast
14. Best Director
15. Best Horror Film
16. Best Thriller Film
17. Best Action Film
18. Best Comedy Film
19. Best Experimental Film
20. Best Animation Film
21. Best Sci-Fi Film
22. Best Editing
23. Best Visual Effects
24. Best Original Music Score
25. Best Cinematography Award SPONSORED BY PANAVISION
26. Audience Choice Award - Feature Film
27. Audience Choice Award - Short Film
28. Any additional award(s) the Organizer deems worthy of giving for a particular film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
I, the Entrant(s) and the representative of the Entry being submitted, acknowledge and agree to all of the terms and conditions of entry herein:
• I represent and warrant that I am duly authorized on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the film(s) entry to exhibit the Entry at the Worldwide Women’s Film Festival, associated publications (such as newsletters), promotions, marketing, advertising, social media and entities announcements in connection with the Festival.
• I represent and warrant legal ownership of all the rights to the film(s) submitted, and have releases and/or have obtained the rights for the talent and all forms of audio, video, media within the Entry submitted including, but not limited to, music, photography, artwork, etc.
• I verify that I am 18 years or older or have and will provide relevant legal authorization from my legal guardians if I am a minor(s).
• An Entry submission will not be considered complete unless all required information, materials, and fees are received by the Organizer. If the entry is submitted without the required components, your film will be disqualified from consideration.
• An Entry submission must be complete by midnight of the specified submission deadline date to meet the relevant entry deadline, or risk being disqualified from consideration for that entry deadline at that stated entry price point.
• No Entry will be considered unless the Entry submission is complete.
• If the appropriate submission fee per entry is not received within 48 hours of submission, the Entry will be disqualified, and I, the Entrant, must re-enter the submission again with all required information, materials, and fees in order to be considered for the Festival.
• An Entrant(s) may submit more than one film.
• Only one category may be selected for each submission entry.
• If an Entrant(s) submits more than one entry, a separate submission and submission fee is required for each film entered.
• Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed, but a separate submission and payment of appropriate submission fee for each category must be made.
• Submission fee is non-refundable.
• No submission may be withdrawn after selection.
• Any Entry submitted in another language must include closed captions or voice over in English in order to be considered for the Festival. This includes the end credits.
• Board members, employees and agents of the Organizer and their immediate families may submit films to the festival for screening but are not eligible to receive an award for the position in which they served on the film, nor win any monetary awards, if any. (E.g. If a Board Member, employee, or agent of the Organization submits a film as a Director, for example, the film would be eligible for any of the awards, EXCEPT "Best Director".
• Judges may not submit films to the Festival in the year that they are judging.
• The Festival Jury determines all Official Selections and winners in each award category, based on the category selected by the Entrant(s). If the Organizer determines that an incorrect category may have been chosen for the Entrant’s submission, the Organizer will contact the Entrant regarding reclassification.
• The Organizer reserves the right to extend the submissions period.
• All decisions made by the Organizer are final.
• The Organizer reserves the right and possibility to declare any award or prize unawarded in the unlikely event that the Entries presented by the Entrants do not meet the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms, conditions and/or minimal quality requirements.
• The Organizer and all its directors, employees, members of the Festival Jury, representatives, partners, sponsors and affiliates will not be held responsible for any claims or damages stemming from the failure of the Entrant(s) to properly obtain the rights to any material submitted and/or screened.
• By submitting my film Entry(ies), I grant to the Organizer, without reservations, the right to exhibit my film(s) in its entirety to paying or non-paying audiences wherever the Organizer holds live events during the Festival and to stream or showcase my film(s) on its website, Vimeo & YouTube channels, and any other associated publication or entity for the duration of the Festival and the lifespan of the Festival, unless specifically excluded from such by prior written arrangement.
• Submissions will be considered for the Organizer’s associated publications, networks, events and partner festivals around the world, unless specifically excluded from such by prior written arrangement.
• I hereby grant without reservations the Organizer and its associated entities the right to use, publish, exhibit and stream my Entry, and all materials from my Entry including but not limited to footage, stills, titles, names, logos, artwork, etc. for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material for both the duration of the Festival and the lifespan of the Worldwide Women’s Film Festival, associated entities, publications and events unless specifically excluded from such by prior written arrangement.
• If accepted, I, the Entrant(s) hereby grant without reservations, to the Organizer, and its associated entities the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the Entrant(s) and the Entry and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information unless specifically excluded from such by prior written arrangement.
• I allow the Organizer to edit my Entry(ies) for promotional purposes including but not limited to creating a trailer or teaser for the Organizer and its associated entities.
• The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to add content advisory disclaimers to any Entry(ies) screened, if deemed necessary, for any reason.
• The Organizer is not responsible for the possible subsequent use of the Entry(ies) or any parts thereof, outside the live and online media of the Organizer.
• All U.S. federal and state laws apply to the Entry(ies).
• I represent and warrant that my Entry does not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
• An Entry may not contain pornographic material or constitute a defamation of any person or entity.
• Failure of an Entrant to meet stated requirements for Entry and prove their film's eligibility for submission to the Festival will lead to disqualification.
• Disqualification will not entitle a refund of the submission fee.
• If accepted, I acknowledge that the presentation of the Entry by the Organizer or its partners and affiliates does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Entrant(s) and the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates.
• I understand that the Entrant(s) will not receive any compensation for exhibiting and streaming any Entry, although some awards and prizes may be granted.
• Panavision Sponsorship of Festival – The recipient of the Panavision Best Cinematography Award will win access to $60,000 worth of Panavision rental camera equipment. The award will be presented to a woman living in:
a) a country that Panavision currently serves, and
b) in a city/town within that country where Panavision has the ability to supply the agreed upon rental equipment.
The winner may be responsible for shipping costs and/or taxes on the rental of the equipment.
• I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates.
• I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Entry(ies) by the Organizer does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates of the content of the Entry or any opinion expressed therein.
• I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents, and affiliates, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and actions of any kind in connection with the Organizer’s, associated entities, and partners’ event(s), live and online screenings, and/or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any award or prize, and/or from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me, the Entrant, to the Organizers.
• The Organizer reserves the right to amend terms, conditions, guidelines, criteria, live and online screening(s), festival times and dates, awards, prizes, and activities if necessary.
• Any demographic information collected by the Organizer is used solely for the purpose of supporting our grant applications and will not be shared or used otherwise.
I, the Entrant(s), acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms and conditions for submitting an Entry to the Organizer. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting an Entry to the Organizer, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms and conditions hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Organizer.