"The Worldwide Women's Film Festival educates, supports, and empowers women in the collaborative endeavor of filmmaking while we shine a light on women's stories, stories by women, and other diverse experiences across all genders."
Qualified films have women in at least one key creative role: Writer, Producer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor, Composer, or other significant key role.
Films under 60 minutes are considered shorts. Films 60 minutes or longer are considered feature length. All genres, narrative and documentary, will be accepted.
All filmmakers are welcome as we are not exclusive to women only.
1. Best Feature Film
2. Best Short Film
3. Best Documentary Feature
4. Best Documentary Short
5. Best Student Feature Film
6. Best Student Short Film
7. Best Student Documentary Feature
8. Best Student Documentary Short
9. Best Actor (Female)
10. Best Actor (Male)
11. Best Ensemble cast
12. Best Director
13. Best Web Series
14. Best Horror
15. Best Thriller/Action
16. Best Animation film
17. Best Sci-Fi
18. Best Editing
19. Best Cinematography
20. Best Visual Effects
21. Best Original Music Score
22. Audience Award - Feature
23. Audience Award - Short
24. Best Music Video
25. Best Experimental
26. Best Comedy
**New Awards Added
Bridge Initiative Awards will be presented to the festival's top Bechdel Test-passing films, up to one full block of shorts and one feature, including cash prizes! The films will screen at WWFF in February in Scottsdale, AZ, and The Bridge Initiative hopes to also screen them during The Bechdel Test Fest weekend in April in Tempe, AZ. https://www.bridgeinit.org
**To pass the Bechdel Test, the film must have two female characters who speak to one another about something other than a man.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
I, the Entrant(s) and the representative of the Entry being submitted, acknowledge and agree to all of the terms and conditions of entry herein:
• I represent and warrant that I am duly authorized on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the film(s) entry to exhibit the Entry at the Worldwide Women’s Film Festival, associated publications (such as newsletters), promotions, marketing, advertising, social media and entities announcements.
• I represent and warrant legal ownership of all the rights to the film(s) submitted, to have releases and/or have obtained the rights for the talent and to all forms of audio, video, media within the film(s)/web series submitted including music, photography, artwork, etc.
• I verify that I am 18 years or older or have and will provide relevant legal authorization from my legal guardians if I am a minor(s).
• An Entry submission will not be considered complete unless all required information, materials, and fees are received by the Organizer.
• An Entry submission must be complete by midnight of the specified submission deadline date to meet the relevant entry deadline.
• No Entry will be considered unless the Entry submission is complete.
• If the appropriate submission fee per entry is not received within 48 hours of submission, the entry will be disqualified, and I, the entrant, must re-enter the submission again with all required information, materials, and fees.
• An Entrant(s) may submit more than one film.
• Only one category may be selected for each submission entry.
• If an Entrant(s) submits more than one entry, a separate submission and submission fee is required for each film.
• Duplicate submissions under a different category are allowed, but a separate submission and payment of appropriate submission fee for each category must be made.
• Submission fee is non-refundable.
• No submission may be withdrawn after selection.
• Board members, employees and agents of the Organizer and their immediate families may submit films to the festival for screening but are not eligible to receive monetary awards if any.
• Members of the Festival Jury are announced on www.wwfilmfestival.com and www.worldwidewomensfilmfestival.com. The Organizer may replace any member of the Festival Jury if the member is unable to fulfill his or her role.
• The Festival Jury determines all Official Selections and winners in each award category, based on the category selected by the Entrant(s). If the Organizer determines that an incorrect category may have been chosen for the Entrant’s submission, the Organizer will contact the Entrant regarding reclassification.
• The Organizer reserves the right to extend the submissions period.
• All decisions made by the Organizer are final.
• The Organizer reserves the possibility to declare any award or prize unawarded in the unlikely event that the Entries presented by the Entrants do not meet the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms, conditions and/or minimal quality requirements.
• The Organizer and all its directors, employees, members of the Festival Jury, representatives, partners, sponsors and affiliates will not be held responsible for any claims or damages stemming from the failure of the Entrant(s) to properly obtain the rights to any material submitted and/or screened.
• By submitting my film Entry(ies), I grant to the Organizer, without reservations, the right to exhibit my film(s) in its entirety to paying or non-paying audiences wherever the Organizer holds live events during the festival and to stream or showcase my film(s) on its website, Vimeo & YouTube channels, and any other associated publication or entity for the duration of the festival.
• Submissions will be considered for the Organizer’s associated publications, networks, events and partner festivals around the world, unless by prior written arrangement.
• I hereby grant without reservations the Organizer and its associated entities the right to use, publish, exhibit and stream my Entry, and all materials from my Entry including but not limited to footage, stills, titles, names, logos, artwork, etc. for awards presentations, highlight reels, and promotional material for both the duration of the festival and the lifespan of the Worldwide Women’s Film Festival, associated entities, publications and events.
• If accepted, I, the Entrant(s) hereby grant without reservations, to the Organizer, and its associated entities the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the Entrant(s) and the Entry and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
• I allow the Organizer to edit my Entry for promotional purposes including but not limited to creating a trailer or teaser for the Organizer and its associated entities.
• The Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to add content advisory disclaimers to any Entry screened, if deemed necessary, for any reason.
• The Organizer is not responsible for the possible subsequent use of the Entry or any parts of the Entry outside the live and online media of the Organizer.
• All U.S. federal and state laws apply to the entry(ies).
• I represent and warrant that my Entry does not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
• An Entry may not contain pornographic material or constitute a defamation of any person or entity.
• Failure of an Entry to meet the eligibility requirements will lead to disqualification.
• Disqualification will not entitle a refund of the submission fee.
• If accepted, I acknowledge that the presentation of the Entry by the Organizer or its partners and affiliates does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Entrant(s) and the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates.
• I understand that the Entrant(s) will not receive any compensation for exhibiting and streaming any Entry, although some awards and prizes may be granted.
• I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates.
• I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Entry by the Organizer does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents and affiliates of the content of the Entry or any opinion expressed therein.
• I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Organizer, its directors, officers, advisors, employees, members of its Festival Jury, representatives, attorneys, partners, sponsors, agents, and affiliates, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and actions of any kind in connection with the Organizer’s, associated entities, and partners’ event(s), live and online screenings, and/or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any award or prize, and/or from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me, the Entrant, to the Organizers.
• The Organizer reserves the right to amend terms, conditions, guidelines, criteria, live and online screening(s), festival times and dates, awards, prizes, and activities if necessary.
I, the Entrant(s), acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms and conditions for submitting an Entry to the Organizer. By clicking "I Agree" below, or by submitting an Entry to the Organizer, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the rules, guidelines, criteria, terms and conditions hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Organizer.