The Wine, Women & Film Festival spotlights and celebrates women in film, wine and art. Entry is not exclusive to women only projects, but works featuring female writers, directors, actors, producers and crew are encouraged. The Year 2 Event Date has been set for Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023. Site selection in progress. The inaugural event was hosted at Seka Hills (Capay Valley) from 3PM-10PM on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022. The live event is a ticketed event to cover event costs. Project entry fee on Film Freeway does not constitute a ticket to the live event, only entry in the festival competition. Due to time constraints, a limited selection of films were screened at the live event. The Online Voting Event took place Sept. 18th-21st, which is a voluntary option for film & music video submitters to showcase their Official Film Selections, in which "likes" are the votes that would be tallied, the most popular choice meriting the "Audience Choice Award." If selected, you will receive sign up instructions.
(1) Official festival poster with laurels will be sent via email upon achieving Official Selection status; as well as a PDF version for printing as a certificate.
(2) Official Selections in the film & music video categories have the option to join the Online Voting Contest for the Audience Choice Award. Participation is voluntary but offers exposure beyond the local market of the live event to the global viewing audience.
(3) Additional exposure on the event website (winewomenfilm.com), Wine, Women & Film Magazine (Festival Edition) online, and social media: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Instagram.
(4) Winners (and potentially other selected projects) may be live screened at the annual event and may possibly receive additional exposure from any potential related local media coverage of the event.
1. All submissions must be digital through Film Freeway.
2. All submissions must be the original work or submitter must own the rights to the submitted work. Submitter must have appropriate permissions/consent to submit the project to the festival if not the sole owner of the project.
3. Restrictions include the following content, which will not be accepted: pornography, rape, gender shaming, satanic rituals, gore (aka splatter films), sexual abuse.
4. Submissions will be privately screened for judging. Winning entries, finalist entries and other selected material may be screened at the live event, depending on time constraints. Submitters may opt out of live screening if they wish.
5. Public event is subject to local & federal codes and restrictions; therefore, if necessary, a virtual event will replace the public event.
6. By submitting your project, you authorize the festival to use clips or full digital assets supplied (including trailer/teaser/film poster/stills) for promotional purpose and/or live screening at the event.
7. Films must include English subtitles (unless the spoken language is English).
Response from festival:
Thank you Anna! We're so glad you found our festival and submitted Bride & Zoom. We are open on Film Freeway for year 2 with a planned date of 9.23.23, so we look forward to the opportunity to see you at the next event! Wishing you continued success with your film projects. Cheers! 😀🥂🍾