Wide Wings Film Screenings
Wide Wings Media has come with an online platform for independent filmmakers to display their work to the audience. 4 films will be selected for each week for the screening. The streaming will take place on ticketkhidakee.com. The activity starts from June 2021. Wide Wings Media is based in Pune, India. The collection from the ticket sales will be donated to the backstage artist in need, who have lost their work due to Covid-19 pandemic.
APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern the submission of a film Wide Wings Film Screenings, through filmfreeway.com (“FilmFreeway”), for consideration for the Wide Wings Film Screenings (the “Festival”). To the extent that this document is inconsistent with any other document prepared by Wide Wings Film Screenings or anyone else, this document will take precedence. Any questions about these Terms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. By submitting a Film to Wide Wings Film Screenings for Festival consideration, the submitter (the “Applicant”) represents that they have (i) read, understood, and agreed to the Terms, and (ii) obtained consent from any owners, creators, writers, producers, and/or other authorized representatives of rights holders of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to Wide Wings Film Screenings (the “Film Owners”).
2. Submission is fee is mentioned besides each category.
3. Wide Wings Film Screenings may disqualify or reject, but is not required to do so, any submission that it determines, in its sole and absolute discretion would not be in Wide Wings Film Screenings’ best interest to include in the Festival, including, but not limited to, any Film that is not in compliance, in whole or in part, with these Terms, and may do so without refunding any submission or other fees paid by the Registrant or returning any materials submitted by the Registrant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if any person connected to the Film is involved in, or alleged to be involved in, any situation or occurrence which subjects such person to public scandal, disrepute, widespread contempt, or public ridicule, that violates Wide Wings Film Screenings’ code of conduct, or that will tend to shock, insult or offend the community or public morals or decency or prejudice Wide Wings Film Screenings in general, then Wide Wings Film Screenings shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action it deems appropriate, including but not limited to excluding such person from attendance at the Festival and/or disqualifying the Film from participation in the Festival.
SUBMISSION CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY
1. Films submitted to Wide Wings Film Screenings for Festival consideration under these Terms must be submitted in one of the categories set out below.
2. Films that do not meet the eligibility requirements for any of the below categories should not be submitted and will not be considered by Wide Wings Film Screenings.
3. For the below categories, “Indian” films are Films that were directed by a Indian citizen or permanent resident of India and list India as one of the countries of production. All other Films are considered “international” films.
4. Submission categories:
Fiction Short Film – Maximum 40 mins
Non-Fiction Short Film – Maximum 40 mins
Fiction Feature Film – Minimum 40 mins
Non-Fiction Feature Film – Minimum 40 mins
5. The Festival is organized into a series of programmes, which are subject to change from year to year but might include, for example: Contemporary World Cinema, Gala Presentations, Evening Picks. Wide Wings Film Screenings may slot selected films into programmes at its sole and absolute discretion. More information about these programmes is available at rasaaurdrama.com.
i. Evening Picks: If the Applicant wishes for the Film to be considered for inclusion in the Evening Pick programme, the applicant should indicate this in their FilmFreeway application by selecting “Evening Picks” as one of the answers to the following submissions question: “Please find a list of film tags below with their definitions. Check all that apply.”
6. Wide Wings Film Screenings prefers that all Short Films presented are, at minimum, Indian subcontinent premieres. Wide Wings Film Screenings will accept submissions that have already premiered in Indian subcontinent (with the exception of Pune ), but the Film’s premiere status will be taken into consideration when final programming decisions are made.
7. All Films must be submitted as online screeners via FilmFreeway (as described below).
8. All non-English language films will be required to provide content with English subtitles.
PROCESS FOR SUBMISSION
1. All Films submitted under these Terms must be submitted in accordance with the procedure outlined herein. Wide Wings Film Screenings may, but is not required to, disqualify or reject any Film that is not submitted in this way.
2. To submit a Film for Festival consideration, an Applicant must: (a) complete the registration process at FilmFreeway and pay the required fee as outlined in article V. (2) below, and (b) provide to Wide Wings Film Screenings an online screener via FilmFreeway for review by Wide Wings Film Screenings programming staff. Wide Wings Film Screenings does not accept submissions in any other manner or format, including: DVDs, content burned to Read/Write (RW) discs, Blu-ray discs, external online links, downloadable files, or trailers.
3. Applicants should test their online screeners thoroughly before submitting them. The Applicant has sole responsibility for ensuring that the submitted online screener plays in its entirety. The screener must contain English subtitles if the original language is not English. If Wide Wings Film Screenings is unable to view the online screener, Wide Wings Film Screenings may attempt, but is under no obligation, to contact the Applicant in order to obtain a replacement online screener.
4. Wide Wings Film Screenings will not review multiple versions of a submitted Film. Only one version of the Film may be submitted. If multiple versions are submitted, Wide Wings Film Screenings can not guarantee the newest version will be reviewed and may only view the version that was received first.
5. Screeners will not be returned.
6. Wide Wings Film Screenings is under no obligation to contact the Submitting Party should the Applicant not have adhered to the rules, set out in Articles I and IV herein. Submission fees are non-refundable.
Standard submission fee:
Indian Shorts - Free
International Shorts - $10
International Student’s Project - $5
Standard submission fee
Indian Features - Free
1. Wide Wings Film Screenings will consider for inclusion in the Festival all eligible films that have been submitted by the above deadline and in accordance with these Terms. Wide Wings Film Screenings reserves the right to consider for inclusion in the Festival, and include in the Festival, films received at any time and through any means, channel, or process, including means, channels, or processes other than those outlined in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms or otherwise requires Wide Wings Film Screenings to select for Festival inclusion any of the Films submitted through the process outlined in these Terms.
2. All selection decisions are at the sole and absolute discretion of Wide Wings Film Screenings and are final and unreviewable. Wide Wings Film Screenings is not required to provide any feedback, comments, or reasons, or any other information, regarding the selection or non-selection of any submitted Film or the process by which Films are or have been selected. Wide Wings Film Screenings is not responsible or liable for its selection decisions; for the contents of any internal comments or feedback regarding the Film that are or may be obtained from the Applicant or anyone else; for any communications by any representative of Wide Wings Film Screenings relating to the Film or the Festival selection process; for the manner in which the Film shall be, is, or was considered and reviewed; or for any failure on the part of the Festival to provide the Applicant or anyone else with information concerning Wide Wings Film Screenings consideration and/or review of the Film.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, LEGAL CLAIMS, AND INDEMNITIES
1. By submitting the film to Wide Wings Film Screenings, the Applicant and Film Owners (the “Submitting Parties”) hereby warrant and represent that:
(i) the Film is wholly original and is not copied from and does not include any other work that is the subject of copyright or other protection, unless such work is in the public domain or the Submitting Parties have obtained any and all consents, releases, licenses, and other authorizations or waivers of any kind necessary for the inclusion or reproduction of any person, character, location, thing, trademark, sound recording, musical composition, or other work in the Film;
(ii) The Film does not defame any person or violate the common law or statutory rights, including, without limitation, the rights of privacy and publicity or any other right of any person;
(iii) The Film is not the subject of litigation or any dispute that may give rise to litigation;
(iv) There are no agreements, nor will there be any agreements made subsequent to the date of this Film submission, that would or could have the effect of impairing the Submitting Parties’ ability to provide the Film as contemplated herein, or otherwise conflict with any provision of these Terms;
(v) The Submitting Parties have the full right, power, and authority to submit the Film to Wide Wings Film Screenings for Festival consideration, and to grant all of the rights granted hereunder and in the FilmFreeway registration form, including, without limitation, the right to screen the Film in Festival venues and/or digitally on Wide Wings Film Screenings online screening platform, and there is no prior obligation or impediment which would in any way impair or restrict the Submitting Parties from fully performing all obligations pursuant to the submission and these Terms.
2. The Submitting Parties agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wide Wings Film Screenings, its licensees, successors, and assigns, and its and their members, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, associates, volunteers, and affiliates (each, a “Releasee”), from any claim, suit, action, or other proceeding brought against a Releasee and from any losses, costs, or damages, including the Releasee’s full legal fees and costs, which it may have suffered or incurred or may suffer or incur, directly or indirectly based on, in connection with, or arising from the use and exhibition of the Film submitted by the Applicant, including, without limitation, the decision to exhibit or not exhibit the Film, which decision shall be in Wide Wings Film Screenings sole and absolute discretion, or the breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or other agreement made by the Applicant in these Terms, or in the Applicant’s FilmFreeway registration form.
3. Wide Wings Film Screenings takes reasonable anti-piracy and security precautions. While in Wide Wings Film Screenings’ possession, all Films are securely stored and regularly inventoried. Access to Films is limited to Wide Wings Film Screenings staffs who require access in order to screen and consider submissions. No duplication and loaning of Films is permitted. Digital Screenings made available on Wide Wings Film Screenings’ online screening platform will possess, at minimum, (i) Access restrictions to accredited delegates and ticket purchasers, (ii) forensic watermarking on the content, (iii) geoblocking capabilities, and (iv) restrictions on concurrent streaming across devices. By submitting a Film to Wide Wings Film Screenings, the Submitting Parties hereby release Wide Wings Film Screenings from any and all liability in the event of theft, unauthorized access or copying, or any breach of copyright of the Film while it is in Wide Wings Film Screenings’ possession or on Wide Wings Film Screenings’ online screening platform.
SAFETY AND RESPECT
1. A cornerstone of Wide Wings Film Screenings belief system is that everyone has the right to respect, as well as fair and equitable treatment from others. Wide Wing Film Screenings does not tolerate violence, mistreatment, or harassment — verbal, physical, sexual, or otherwise — towards staff, Volunteers, delegates, audience members, attendees at any of our festivals, conferences, or events or in any correspondence with staff, including during the submission process. Our staff and Volunteers are committed to ensuring the best possible experience for all of our attendees. If the safety of our guests is in question, we will take immediate steps to ensure the matter is addressed.
1. Wide Wings Film Screenings reserves the right to rule, in its sole and absolute discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.