WVFF IS A HYBRID FESTIVAL CONCLUDING WITH A LIVE EVENT AT THE END OF A GIVEN YEAR. WE ARE AN IMDB QUALIFYING EVENT.
Are you tired of your work being at the mercy of pathologically pretentious academics? Frustrated that great work by your cast and team gets overlooked because you didn't want to pay to submit to multiple categories? Have you had enough of your project being passed over because you were too busy making art to focus on a timely, hot-button topic?
We invite you to submit to the White Vulture Film Festival.
We are not saying a film can't have a message... but blow people's minds in the process. If you wanted to make people laugh, make us roll on the floor. If you wanted to make people cry, we want to weep like babies. If you want to blow people's minds... make us say "what the hell did I just see?"
This philosophy, combined with the great care with which we accept the trust you put in us to meet your work on its terms, are what make us the "Cannes" of New Jersey film festivals.
Whether through the eloquence of your story telling, the power of your imagery, or your mind blowing special fx... we are here to be amazed.
In return we want to do for you what few festivals do online, we will hold bi-monthly online festivals in which;
-We will screen all bi-monthly semi finalists (with their permission) on our website, www.whitevulturetheater.com until the next semi finalists are chosen..
-All posted projects will have the opportunity to include a short video to speak about the project.
-We will nominate and award all "best of" accolades, for performance and production, of a given bi-monthly period, honestly from that month's semi-finalist projects and not for an additional fee.
-All bi-monthly winners WILL be considered for official nominees in the annual 2 day event, these decisions can be tricky because screen time in the theater is limited to 35 hours and we just can't screen them all... but we try.
-All winners of annual event will have their films screened in an all day event culminating in the Vulture Award Ceremony that evening... an actual custom award that you do not have to buy. (although if winners cannot arrange pick up in NY/NJ area, they will have to cover shipping)
Please join us in bring "art" back to the Art of Film Making.
ALL CONTRIBUTIONS DURING CALENDAR YEAR 2023 ARE FOR 2023 EVENT HELD FEB 2024
DATES FOR 2023 LIVE EVENT... FEBRUARY 28TH AND 29TH
- There will be a Bi-Monthly Online Festival.
- All Bi-Monthly Semi-Finalists will have the option of having their project screened on our site www.whitevulturetheater.com where viewers can judge/vote a category, if they like. (we have taken steps that we feel will stop this from becoming a popularity contest.) The viewer vote will be "considered" during the judging process.
- Best bi-monthly performance and productions awards will be selected from Semi-Finalist projects for no additional fee.
- All Bi-Monthly Award Winning PROJECTS will become Official Selections to the Annual Event, "the "Vulture Awards" to be held in February 2023 at THE HAWTHORNE THEATER, HAWTHORNE NJ.... being an official selection cannot guarantee screen time for everyone but we fit in everything we possibly can.
- Additionally, up to 4 Online Semi-Finalists deemed worthy of a second look by fresh judges may be chosen as Official Selections for the Vulture Awards.
- Best performance and productions Nominations for the Vulture Awards will be taken from Official Selections of the Vulture Awards.
- All winners of the Annual Live Event will receive a Vulture Ward... still being finished up.. but check the instagram... they are going to be the coolest awards in festival history,
-BEST US FEATURE
-BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
- BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT
-BEST COMEDY SHORT
-BEST DRAMA SHORT
-BEST HORROR/SCI-FI SHORT
-BEST ACTION/THRILLER SHORT
-BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT
-BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT
-BEST MICRO SHORT
-BEST WEB SERIES/TV PILOT
............(Performance and production awards NO FEE)....................
-BEST OF THE MONTH
-BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
-BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
-BEST EDITING/POST PRODUCTION
-BEST SPECIAL FX
-BEST SOUND DESIGN
-BEST ORIGINAL SCORE/SOUNDTRACK
A) Eligibility Requirements
1. We accept films of all genres.
2. Films completed on or after Jan 1, 2016 are eligible for consideration
3. Short feature films that are available for public online viewing are eligible
6. Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted. A separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
7. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Dialogue lists are not accepted.
8. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
B) Judging & Selection
Films are selected by the White Vulture Theater programming committee. If a film is selected, the Festival office will contact the entrant by phone or email. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes to entries that are not selected.
C) Entry Fees
Each entry must be accompanied by the appropriate entry fee. Entry fees are not refundable.