The West End Film Festival (WEFF) is an Australian short film competition held in one of Brisbane's most vibrant communities, West End.
WEFF is entering it's 9th year and is excited to launch the 2018 season! Accepting feature films and short films, music videos and animations under 15 minutes in duration, there are 8 awards and cash prizes to be won.
New for 2018:
Feature Film Screening - this year we will also have a feature film premiere screening. This is a new addition, and will be highly sought after should you wish to enter your feature.
Extended Experiences Lab - this will provide hands-on training in conceiving and developing extensions to your creative projects.
Pitching Sessions - entrants are able to access a pitching platform for their films.
We are open to Australian AND International submissions.
Give us your eclectic, enlightening and empowering films!
Awards & Cash Prizes
Best Music Video
Best Social Action
Filmmaker Award - Indigenous
Filmmaker Award - Female
Best Film - Audience
(Voted online by WEFFers)
Films MUST be under 15 minutes in length (with the exception of the Feature film premiere selection).
Films from all genres will be accepted and we welcome first time filmmakers!
Filmmakers must have copyright over all footage and soundtrack used in their film.
Preference will be given to QLD premiere films. Films are allowed to have been previously screened, but must have been created in 2017/2018.
All films must be submitted by midnight on Sunday April 1st.
Finalists are expected to...
- Fill out all sections of the FilmFreeway submission form.
- Provide contact details; email, phone number and contact name.
- Provide a high quality version of their film for screening.
- Upload a minimum of 4 high resolution images for online promotion
(can be BTS photographs).
- Indicate if they're submitting for an Extended Experience to be commissioned for your film (see www.ExtendedExperiencesLab.co for full info).
- And wherever possible, attend the festival and be available to accept awards in person!