The Collaborative Wellington Film Festival hopes that you can eventually be part of our upcoming events applicable to you. We wish to expand the venues where films submitted to us can be seen. If you would like to host a screening near where you live, send us an email as soon as possible.
Our festivals feature regional films local to Florida and international films as well. Our focus so far has been with independent and student-film makers but we are looking to partner with Key Sponsors and Business Partners to make our next Wellington Film Festival an amazing event. Visit WellingtonFilmFestival.com for more information and to submit your inquiry.
Audience Award - Film
The Wellington Film Festival - is a diverse showcase of films deemed appropriate to be shown in keeping with decorum and good taste based on our film screeners' criteria.
Electronic Submissions to our Independent and Student-film festival are being made available through FilmFreeway.
PLEASE NOTE: You must upload directly to FilmFreeway and allow us, the Wellington Film Festival to access it as well by way of a download-able file, set up a free account with FilmFreeway to facilitate this. Submission does not guarantee selection and selection does not guarantee nomination or honors.
At this time there are no prizes although honorable mention, category winners or other honors may be bestowed.
Festivals are scheduled to take place at venues in and around Wellington Florida; however this festival may be featured, hosted or premiered at other venues or through the world wide web / internet or broadcast. This festival may be slated to host up to several short local, national or international student films per day (when screened live) with one longer feature film. A primary goal of the film festival is to provide a venue for student film artists and enthusiasts to have their work displayed and featured in a film festival and film premiere setting. In concert with the administration of certain local schools some or most of the admission fees (if any) would go to provide a fundraising source for related or applicable programming.
For the festival’s duration opportunities will be made available for local businesses, professionals and organizations to provide support for the special events, in a family friendly and fun way.
The elected officials of the Village and Wellington, Florida, will be made aware of this and other related ongoing events for their input and participation.
Films and other material submitted must comply with the Submissions Guidelines including deadlines, exhibition format, entry material, etc. Please check our website for possible further details (www.WellingtonFilmFestival.com).
- Our earliest deadlines are postmark deadlines - if applicable - however the latest deadlines shown here are for electronic submission only. If mailed-in entries are accepted or necessary, your film must be postmarked or electronically submitted by the appropriate deadline for consideration.
- Submissions will be screened, by members of a screening/steering committee for appropriateness and recommendation for inclusion, therefore submit your film as early as possible! The shorter the film the more likely it is to be chosen for acceptance once deem qualified by the screening/steering committee. Should we have more films/videos than we can screen we will select them on a first in first processed basis. Once the submission period is open getting your film to us early improves your chances of screening and therefore selection for the festival!
We will make every attempt to contact you by mail or email once we have received your submission. If you do not receive an email, it may be that either we did not receive your submission or may have had some difficulty with your email or mailing address.
We encourage you to submit artwork to accompany your film/video for promotional, publicity, marketing or presentation purposes.
- Submission fees, admission fee or any other fees (if any) would be payable in advance and are non-refundable. Fees for foreign entries should be paid by credit card, in traveler's checks in U.S. dollars or international money orders in U.S. dollars.
- All school age film submitters would require parental permission to submit films/videos and all Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Neither the WellingtonFilmFestival.com nor the Wellington Film Festival are responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
- Films submitted must be available for exhibition most preferably as:
Digital Cinema Package (DCP) - 24 Frames per second or Blu-Ray DVD or maybe as a compatibly matched format.
- Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with English subtitles. Accepted films must be available in the designated exhibition formats.
- The number(s), date(s), time(s), and locations of the screenings of films are subject to the discretion of the Wellington Film Festival.
- The print supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to the Wellington Film Festival . Entry materials and/or Short films will not be returned with the exception of hard drives and flash drives with a prepaid postage and self-addressed envelope.
- The Wellington Film Festival takes the utmost care in the handling of your entry. The Wellington Film Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
Notification will be emailed. Please do not call the Wellington Film Festival representatives, screeners or organizers office. All correspondence will be done through email to the original submitter.