Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl) is the first ever and the largest Jewish Film Festival in Poland and eastern Europe. Established in 2003 has 18 years experience in sourcing the best international movies and debuts with the Jewish theme. Movies which are dedicated to exploring Jewish culture, history and contemporary life of Jewish communities from around the globe.
Our goal is to give Jewish and non-Jewish movie-goers the opportunity to get acquainted with different perspectives of Jewish issue reflected on the screen. Since the first edition in 2003, we showed our audience more than 600 movies from 30 countries!
Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl) loves to promote filmmakers working with Jewish themes. Our festival has an international competition with the CAMERA of DAVID Awards. Our team selected and awarded dozens of movies which later won OSCARS & awards at the biggest world-famous festivals!
We are a non-profit organisation that promotes appreciation and pride in the diversity of the Jewish people. The submission fees are helping us to promote selected movies and their authors.
FILM COMPETITION GENERAL RULES:
1. Only films with Jewish content or Jewish characters will be considered for the festival's competition. Films should be produced in 2019 and 2020. Suitable films on Jewish themes may include culture, Holocaust, history, spirituality, biography, perspectives of contemporary life of Jews from all over the world: Israel, Europe, UK, Canada, USA, Russia, Australia, Asia, South America.
2. Suitable category of films: narrative feature, documentary feature, animated feature, narrative short, documentary short, animated short. Films which had previous screenings on any other Jewish Film Festival in Warsaw will be not accepted for Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl).
3. The submission regular deadline is September 1st, 2020.
4. The Official Selection will be announced on October 10th, 2020, on the festival website
www.wjff.pl/en. (The date of the official announcement can be changed and can be extended until October 20th).
4. THE DAVID CAMERA AWARDS will be presented during the Award Ceremony the last day of festival screenings. The JURY VERDICT will be announced after the Award Ceremony on the festival website.
5. WJFF.pl presents CAMERA of DAVID Awards in the following categories:
Best Film of the Festival - Grand Prix
Best Narrative Feature / Animation Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Narrative / Animation Short
Best Documentary Short
And subcategories for the narrative feature films:
FILM SUBMISSION GENERAL RULES:
1. Suitable category of movies:
- Films with the running time up to about 40 minutes:
narrative short/ documentary short / animated short
- Films with the running time longer than 40 minutes:
narrative feature / documentary feature / animated feature
2. Films should be produced in 2019 and 2020.
3. Films which had previous screenings on any other Jewish film festival in Warsaw will be not accepted for the Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl).
4. Films that have screened on PL network or cable television prior to the festival dates are ineligible for competition but may be considered for a special screening.
5. Films must be submitted as online screeners to one of the festival online platforms (here: Filmfreeway.com).
6. Films including dialogues in languages other than English must provide English subtitles.
7. By submitting the movie you agree to the terms of participation in the competition and criteria for the film selection process for Warsaw Jewish Film Festival.
8. The submission fees are helping our non-profit organization to promote the selected film screenings.
9. Once an entry payment has been processed we can not provide a refund.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that if you are unable to provide online screener you can send us DVD PAL format, but the DVD will be accepted only if the title was as well register on one of our online platforms.
Our mailing address:
FUNDACJA KAMERA DAWIDA WJFF.pl
The Camera of David Foundation WJFF.pl
ul. NOWOGRODZKA 31
00-511 WARSAW, POLAND
Thank you for submitting the movie to the 18th WARSAW JEWISH FILM FESTIVAL 2020!