The Walla Walla Movie Crush showcases America's most intoxicating blend of short cinema, from vintage filmmakers as well as fresh upstarts. We promise a flight for every fancy.
TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD SUBMIT YOUR SHORT TO THE WALLA WALLA MOVIE CRUSH
* Every submission is personally reviewed by our Artistic Director, Warren Etheredge, who has twenty years of experience on the festival circuit, the founder or co-founder of three, and programmer for many others. Warren watches over 1,900 shorts every year. Your work will be judged by the individual making the final decisions.
* Selected shorts represent the very best of current American movie-making. If your work is programmed, you know it is amongst the best of the best.
* Your selected short will be thematically programmed, packaged with other fantastic movies exploring similar content/themes. Any hour-tour long grouping will like include short narratives, doc, animation, music videos, etc. In total, these curated collections prove the whole is greater than the sum of its shorts.
* Selected finalists for top prizes — Best Narrative Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Animated Short, Best Short Screenplay and Best Performance — will be determined by all-star juries of Oscar-winners, nominees and revered moviemakers. Past years' jurors are responsible for such movies and television series such as: CAPTAIN MARVEL, WINTER’S BONE, MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE — FALLOUT, ALIEN, OCEAN’S 11, SCREAM, LOGAN, ABDUCTED IN PLAIN SIGHT, BRING IT ON, GLOW, PARKS & RECREATION, IN THE COMPANY OF MEN, EDITH+EDDIE, LEAVE NO TRACE, OZARK and many more.
* Selected shorts are screened at the historic, 300-seat Gesa Power House Theatre, a handsomely appointed venue with top-notch projection and sound systems.
* Should you attend, the Crush staff will treat you like royalty and family. Our goal is to celebrate every moviemaker’s talents and welcome them into the fold.
* Attending moviemakers are treated to daily, gratis Happy Hours, nightly parties and an invite-only Sunday brunch. The Electric Lounge (aka The Crush Green Room) is open all day for you to eat, drink and be cozy. These events and this pace also provide near ‘round the clock opportunities to network with fellow artists and industry guests.
* The Crush audience is committed, passionate and vocal. They will sit rapt with attention and express their affection for your work.
* A committed group of attendees we call “The Iron Ass Jury” selects an annual Audience Award winner. What separates this audience award from others is that is the only one that is determined by a jury comprised of viewers who have sat through every single screening, thus elevating the prize from popularity contest to true, absolute meritocracy.
* Walla Walla is the Napa Valley of Washington State — a lush and lovely wine region — noted for its beauty and bounty of dining and drinking options. Downtown Walla Walla is abuzz with activity and the scenic surroundings provide countless options for exploration and adventure. In fact, for early-arriving moviemakers, we will guide a Saturday morning hike that shows off the city and allows you to network in nature.
For more information, please visit https://www.themoviecrush.com and subscribe — for FREE! — to *Crushworthy*, the official, mostly monthly e-newsletter of the Walla Walla Movie Crush.
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Animated Short
Best Student Short
Best Music Video
Alex Sichel Memorial Award
Beast of The Crush
Curator's Choice Award
* submissions may be no longer than thirty minutes
* submissions must have been shot in the United States or created by a citizen of the United States or by a student attending a school in the United States
* submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2021
* Please note: we define "Student" as someone who has yet to graduate from high school or completed her or his short before graduating high school.