Westminster Film Festival 2020 (WFF2020) is an event that is a part of Westminster Film Society’s bold Mission Statement for this Academic Year. The Westminster Film Society has been running the WFF as an official flagship event of the student, local and national film calendar in the hope of receiving as many film submissions from around the world as possible - judged by a mixture of students, emerging and industry filmmakers.
Westminster Film Society is a non-profit organisation run by volunteer students of the University of Westminster. It has been dedicated to bringing films that inspire, provoke and entertain. This year’s programme has been focused on showcasing independent and foreign films. The society is committed to delivering cinema that is accessible for everyone.
Since its foundation, the Society has been hosting the WFF yearly. The Festival is entirely led by students and provides its attendees a cinema-grade projection quality and an unmissable discovery and networking opportunity. The Festival aims at showcasing the highest-quality and most original short film productions, prioritising world cinema, emerging film industries, female filmmakers, and underground cinema.
Through WFF, the Westminster Film Society hopes to screen bold and innovative work from some of the youngest and emerging filmmakers from across the UK & Abroad. We aim to support filmmakers by providing them with a platform in which they and their film can grow an artist and product alike. We want to screen films which are thought-provoking; eye-opening and challenge the norm.
Our Film Society aims at creating an inviting atmosphere for everyone to watch, discuss and enjoy films - with attendees ranging from dedicated cinephiles to regular lovers of movies.
We screen films in our 7.1 surround sound, cinema-grade Auditorium (which seats 212) every Tuesday between 18.00 and 21.00.
Best Short Film - Fiction
Best Short Film - Documentary
Best Short Experimental/ Music Video
Best Short Animation
Best Production Design
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2019.
- Films may not have been released theatrically or shown on television prior to the festival and films may not have been publicly available online (i.e YouTube, Vimeo) prior to the Festival. Earlier festival screenings are not an issue.
- We present all films in their original language. Thus, non-English language films must feature English subtitles in order to be considered.
- We do not accept works in progress.
-The Jury appreciates the submission of production stills and press kits along with the films.
- All submissions must be sent via FilmFreeway for the Jury's consideration.
- Apple (Quicktime) ProRes 422 or Higher (422HQ, 4444 and 4444XQ) is the preferred exhibition format for the festival. Please get in touch if you have any doubts.
- For programming consideration, the festival only accepts online screeners (FilmFreeway or Vimeo via FilmFreeway). We do not normally accept DVD submissions.
- Filmmakers will be required to provide a high-quality copy of their work if chosen to be part of our Official Selection.
- After submitting, please check your FilmFreeway account to make sure that your submission meets our requirements. It is your responsibility to make sure all requirements are met and necessary information is provided.
- Filmmakers are responsible for the shipment of the exhibition copy to the Westminster Film Society.
- We reserve the right to use images and screenshots from selected films for Festival marketing purposes.
- By agreeing to these terms, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agreed to the regulations of the WFF 2020 and that, to the best of your knowledge, the information that you have supplied is correct.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
- All genres & stories are accepted provided that the content of the film is not defamatory towards any groups or individuals. Films praising racism, violence and abuse will be disqualified. All films who treat such themes with sensibility are extremely welcome.
For any questions, please don't hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com