WAWA, Films made by kids to save the planet, its a little film festival within its big brother Arica Nativa Film Fest (www.aricanativa.cl) frame and experience. Aimed to younger generations of filmmakers who seek to save the planet from its anthropocene devastation using audiovisual and communication tools.
The winning films in each category will receive the Arica Nativa Wawa Award, which consists of: the Tropero Arica Nativa sculpture; and $500,000 (five hundred thousand) Chilean pesos in audiovisual equipment for the educational institution or filmmaking group.
CATEGORY BETWEEN 7 AND 13 YEARS OLD
All types of films, regardless of genre or format, up to 5 minutes long (credits included), produced by children between the ages of 7 and 13 that refer to their relationship with the environment and seek to enamor the new generations with the natural and cultural treasures that are preserved on the planet, with a special focus on climate change.
CATEGORY BETWEEN 14 AND 17 YEARS OLD
All types of films, regardless of genre or format, up to 5 minutes long (credits included), produced by young people between the ages of 14 and 17 that refer to their relationship with the environment and seek to enamor the new generations with the natural and cultural treasures that are preserved on the planet, with a special focus on climate change.
2.- In the event that the film competition is prevented from taking place as an on-site activity of the Festival, it will be transferred to our web platform www.aricanativa.cl, where it will remain available to the public for the duration of the Festival. This platform is for viewing only and, in accordance with current Chilean legislation on intellectual property rights, does not allow downloading.
3.- All films selected in the Official Competition Arica Nativa Wawa 2021 will be integrated into the Festival's digital archive and made available to the public through the Festival's exhibition platform. We clarify that this platform only allows online viewing of the material, not downloading, in accordance with current legislation in Chile on intellectual property protection.
4.- The Altiplano Foundation does not pay for the screening of the films selected for the official competition.
5.- The winning films may be screened up to two times in the Festival's annual screenings, with prior notice to the respective legal representatives. The screenings that take place as a result of the above will be non-profit.
6. The group of children may represent an educational entity or have been constituted independently. In both cases they may have been guided at the most by one adult in the production of the film.
7. The participating films must be spoken, dubbed or subtitled in Spanish.
8.- The contestants must complete the form available at the following website: www.aricanativa.clcompetencia, accepting the conditions of the respective competition they choose.
9. The films can be sent digitally through the following website: www.filmfreeway.com/wawafilmsmadebykids, or by
attaching a display link (YouTube or Vimeo) to the web form. Other sending methods will not be accepted.
10. No works will be accepted that advocate racism, sexism, xenophobia, intolerance, excessive consumption and/or intentionally offend human rights. This decision will be determined by the Programming Committee, and will not be subject to appeal.
11. The competition results will be released by the president of the jury during the closing ceremony.
Then, they will be published in the following website: www.aricanativa.cl
12. The handing of the prize will be organized afterwards with the winning institution.
13. Arica Nativa is an audiovisual project of the Altiplano Foundation that aims to make the new generations fall in love with the natural and cultural treasures preserved in the rural and indigenous world. The films received in Arica Nativa’s Wawa will have an opportunity to be promoted through the following websites: www.aricanativa.cl and www.fundacionaltiplano.cl, as well as the activities of Arica Nativa and Altiplano Foundation.
For any query, contact us through: email@example.com