Are you ready to use your creativity to help engage and motivate citizens across the United States to vote in November 2018? Now is your chance!
Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout is a PSA/short film competition that takes place over 48-Hours. Teams are given a voter engagement or registration topic, title and line of dialogue at 5.00 p.m. on Friday evening. Each team will have 48-hours to return on Sunday evening with a finished two-minute PSA/short film.
Submissions will be judged by a group of industry professionals and the general public.movie lovers will run on Urban Mediamakers YouTube Channel beginning
The top 30 winning submissions will screen at the 17th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival Awards Event on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia - www.umff.com.
Urban Mediamakers will release #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout instructions by way of our social media channels and a conference call on Friday, September 28 at 5:00 p.m.
Social media accounts:
#Vote4OurLives Oscars are awarded for:
1. Best Film - Experienced Adult
2. Best Film - Amateur Adult
3. Best Film - High School Student
4. Best Film - College Student
5. Best Actor - Adult
6. Best Actor - Youth
7. Best Actress - Adult
8. Best Actress - Youth
9. Best Cinematic Moment
10. Best Sound Design
11. Best Editing
12. Best AI/Virtual Reality
13. Most Inspired Prop
14. Most Astonishing Special Effect
15. Best Story
16. Spirit of Civic Responsibility (judges special award)
17. Online Audience Raved About it!
Throughout your 48-hour filmmaking experience, check in with the Urban Mediamakers using #Vote4OurLivesFilms #UMFF18ATL to share you behind the scenes moments.
Winning films will be a part of the Urban Mediamakers civic engagement voter registration tour across the United States 2018-2020.
REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION PROCESS
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO REGISTER
1. Read the RULES & FAQ (see below) and make sure you understand what the requirements are for a successful entry into the Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout.
2. Teams should then set up a FilmFreeway.com profile in the name of your lead contact or team (if you don’t already have a team name then time to get creative). Then set up a project to submit in your TEAM NAME.
3. Provide contact details for at least one team member including phone and email address.
4. Select '#Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout - 48-Hours' from the list of festivals on FilmFreeway.com and start the submission process which will register your team in the 2018 challenge. Make sure your submit your project with your TEAM NAME as its title.
5. You should pay the entry fee and provide contact details for the lead team member.
6. Your participation in Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout is confirmed once you receive the acceptance email from us.
7. The initial submission and registration process must be completed before Friday, September 28, 2018 at noon.
8. Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout instructions will be released at 5pm on Friday, September 28, 2018 on our social media channels AND in person for those attending our meetup that day at WeWork Tower Place (Room North 2F). IMPORTANT: Make sure you follow us across social media:
Social media accounts:
We will also send you an email.
9. Make your film between Friday, September 28, 5:00 p.m. and Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
10. Complete the Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout - 48-Hours submissions process by uploading your completed film along with your press kit on FilmFreeway.com following the instructions.
11. If you have followed all of the rules of Urban Mediamakers #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker Shootout - 48-Hours, you will receive an email confirming your film has been accepted for the competition in the next couple of days.
12. Start planning your trip to Atlanta and have fun! Teams will be eligible for four (4) free tickets tickets.
This information below should answer all of your questions about taking part in #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout.
#Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
• Who can enter?
Anyone anywhere can enter #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout, September 28-30, 2018 presented by the Urban Mediamakers. We welcome amateur, independent and professional content creators from the USA and all over the world to participate. Just put a team together right there in your community, and let's shoot some awesome PSAs/shorts!
• What type of equipment can be used?
You can use any high quality device to shoot your two-minute short film -- cell phones, domestic DV cameras to professional cameras like REDs, Black Magics or you can even shoot on film if you want to and have access.
• Do I have to be present in Atlanta, Georgia to win?
You do not have to be present in Atlanta to win the #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout.
• So how does the #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout work?
#Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 28, 2018 with the #Vote4OurLives Shootout Competition Brief announced via email and the Urban Mediamakers Film Festival's social media channels. Your team will shoot and package your award-winning two-minute short over 48 hours.
By Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m., your team must START uploading your film to FILMFREEWAY.COM/vote4ourlives
• Why enter the shootout?
If you and your team have storytelling skills, why not? Video - moving, visual content captivates. We just want to encourage everyone eligible to vote to exercise that right as a United States citizen and you can help us do that - totally non-partisan!
Meet all the teams, watch the films, pick up an award at the glitzy award ceremony and blow off some steam at the infamous after party. It has been described as 'the Sex Pistols meets the Oscars', 'its better than Christmas!' It is the highlight of the whole event.
• How old do I need to be to enter?
At least one team member must be 16 or older,
• How many people are there in a team?
Your team can have as many members as you wish. Only one person must be the main contact. This information will not be shared with third parties.
• Can anyone attend the screening of the top submissions in Atlanta?
Yes indeed! If you are a content creator, a movie lover or just curious to see the results, just plan to attend the 17th Urban Mediamakers Film Festival on the screening day if #Vote4OurLives Shorts and meet a group of fabulous storytellers.
#Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout Rules:
1) All teams must register a profile with FILMFREEWAY.COM. #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout runs Friday, September 28 through Sunday, September 30, 2018. Teams must start uploading a finished two-minute film by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 28, 2018. Films should be submitted as H264, MP4, ideally in 1080P and in a standard film ratio - (4:3, 16:9 or cinema wide).
2) You must submit a press kit and contact details for at least one team member with your submission (see submission guidelines on FILMFREEWAY.COM).
3) All team members must be 16 or older (additional actors can be any age).
4) You will be issued with a series of 'obstructions' i.e. a film title, genre and line of dialogue that must be used in your film.
5) Your film must be no longer than 2 minutes including titles and credits. If your film does not meet this time limit, it might still be accepted, but it will be ineligible for an award.
6) All films will be viewed first by the judges and if deemed unsuitable for screening they will not be entered. Unsuitable refers to but is not limited to, any thing racist, explicitly sexual, explicitly violent or with strong drug connotations. The judge’s decision is final.
7) Do not prepare footage in advance. If we feel you have cheated by “padding” your film with work you have prepared in advance, we will disqualify you. It is at the judge’s discretion as to what is 'padded'.
8) In submitting your film to #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout you acknowledge that you hold all licensing and copyright permission for all the material used in your film (including any actors, sound effects, music, etc.). Any determined breach of copyright will mean your film cannot be accepted for the competition.
9) By entering the #Vote4OurLives Filmmaker 48-Hour Shootout you agree to license Urban Mediamakers to show your film during the 17th Urban Mediamakers Film Festiva, October 11-16, 2018, and in the future including public screenings, online, broadcast and other media channels and platforms, worldwide, in perpetuity. We may not be able to contact you if we do show your film in the future and your film may be edited by a third party. Urban Mediamakers reserves the right to use your film to raise funds for future Urban Mediamakers content creators challenges.
10) No refunds on team registrations.