At Visability Film Festival, we celebrate daring styles and unique voices, rewarding new and exciting filmmakers, who aren’t afraid to take creative risks.
With half of profits donated to disability organisations, we as a team are dedicated to utilizing film as a tool for societal change. Our 2021 programme will give a platform to myriad diverse voices.
At Visability Film Festival we are conscious of gender inequality within film. We believe film festivals have a responsibility to address this disparity. Therefore, inspired by the 5050X2020 film festival movement we promise to maintain a gender-balanced final selection. At the festival, we will have at least as many films by female identifying filmmakers as male.
Visability Film Festival are honoured to discover, and then spring board, new and exciting filmmaking talent. Unearthing original stories from distinctive filmmakers is what we do best.
We actively encourage film submissions of any form, genre or length, from filmmakers of any background, but are especially interested in films from lesser-heard voices.
We are proud to feature domestic film projects alongside international offerings, celebrating independent filmmaking talent from across the globe.
Our dedicated and diverse viewing panel features film academics, award winning animation directors, cinematographers, actors, set designers and film critics, all of whom are passionate about creating a film programme of unparalleled quality, that remains true to the festival’s core beliefs and values. Members of our team have worked behind the scenes for some of the UK’s biggest and best-established festivals, giving us real nous when it comes to the festival circuit.
Our inaugural edition will take place in London, February 2021, with event details to be announced nearer the time.
Visability FF Official Selection
Best Animated Film
Best Music / Sound
• We accept submissions of any genre and length.
• Short films must be under 40minutes duration, anything over this must be entered as a feature length submission.
• Entered films will automatically be considered for each of our awards, apart from the Best Script award. In order to qualify for this award, a script must be paid for and entered through a separate entry category. Received script must be attached to a film already submitted to Visability Film Festival, and cannot be a stand alone text.
• Non-English language films must have HARD-CODED English subtitle tracks attached.
• Submitted films must have been completed after January 1st 2017
• Entry fees are paid in full at time of submission. Submission payments are non-refundable.
• All submissions must be fully complete at time of submission. Incomplete projects cannot be selected.
• By submitting work to Visability Film Festival, filmmakers are consenting to use of footage, stills, trailers, and any other attached material, on our website and social media channels for advertising and promotional purposes. Use of these materials however, does not guarantee a film's selection by Visability Film Festival.
• Films may not be withdrawn from the Visability Film Festival programme, after their selection has been confirmed, under any circumstances.
• Entrants may submit more than one film, but each film must be submitted separately.
• Submitters should be the project’s Director or Producer, or have the express permission of the Director or Producer.
• We currently operate exclusively through FilmFreeway. Films submitted through e-mail, or by any other means, will not be accepted.
• Visability Film Festival reserve the right to refuse competition entries at any time.
• Visability Film Festival assumes no responsibility for violation of copyright law.
• By submitting to us, filmmakers acknowledge that they have read and understood the festival rules and guidelines, and are in compliance with these stated rules.
• If any of the above is unclear, do feel free to contact Visability Film Festival by e-mail directly, and we will be happy to offer clarity and advice.