Welcome to Vineyard, the film festival specialising in wine-making, traditional foods and travel! We have created a unique festival with a feel good factor that transports us with tales of travel with a twist and the wonderful traditional culinary delights and wine-making world around us.
Please read our rules carefully. The online festival will be screened through our website Screening Room and accepted films must agree to upload their films directly onto the the platform and linked to our channel. Details on how to do this will be available in our acceptance letter and on our website. If you are accepted as part of our festival but decide not to upload the films to our Channel a submission refund will not be issued. Until we feel it is safe to host a live, the festival will be ONLINE only.
FILMS WE ACCEPT:
Interesting, unusual, professional and independent short and full feature travel documentaries undertaken by any means of transport, made by the people who have personally taken the journey. We encourage travel outside the developed world, films showing cultural traditions and humorous, fun films with a human touch. Eco and/or Conservation trips are encouraged. Vintage or historical travel documentaries from anywhere in the world are also welcomed.
Films/documentaries on vineyards, old-fashioned/traditional wine-making techniques or the wine-making process undertaken by smaller manufactures rather than big brands. We will also accept films/documentaries/links to traditional cheese, bread-making or other culinary delights that pair nicely with wines.
All films must be authored and have a solid storyline throughout. We love films with a homey, welcoming feel.
FILMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Films made of you on holiday doing extreme sports, general sports or marathons, adrenaline stunts, adventurous things (unless they are cultural in the area you are visiting) or showcasing how beautiful and interesting a country is with no cultural or story binding the film together.
Films depicting animal cruelty or sports of any kind.
These aren’t cemented rules and we are always open to ideas, feel free to contact us by email before submitting if you have questions or suggestions.
After the festival screenings film viewers will be able to vote for their favourite film/s via JotForm. The winner will receive an official certificate and be mentioned in the following year's official program with a photograph, bio and film poster as well as a permanent link to their social media on the award and festival website. The Certificate Categories for 2023 are: Best Feature, Best Short and Best Overall.
Rules & Terms
To be eligible for consideration:
1. Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, entry material and other requirements.
2. Films may only be submitted online - no hard copy, DVD or Blu-Ray submissions will be accepted until after submission acceptance has been determined.
3. Films should have either English or Greek subtitles if the main language is not English.
4. Submitted films should be original creations fully owned by the filmmaker or filmmakers. Filmmakers are responsible for securing clearances or legal permission for the use of any copyrighted musical, cinematic, or literary materials. By submitting your film, you confirm that you own 100% of the rights to the work. If the work's copyright is held by more than one person, the submitter must have the written consent of all other owners prior to submitting. Vineyard Film Festival will take no responsibility for copyright infringement. If Vineyard Film Festival thinks it necessary, proof of copyright will be asked for. Failure to produce proof in writing from the copyright holder will result in automatic expulsion from the competition.
5. No works in progress will be accepted unless agreed in writing beforehand or the project is invited by the Festival.
6. Vineyard Film Festival has no premiere requirements; films submitted to other festivals are still eligible for submission. If you do wish us to hold a premiere screening, please write to us PRIOR to submitting your film to: email@example.com
7. Filmmakers may submit more than one project. However, a separate entry fee is required for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE: The online festival from 2023 will be screened through our website Screening Room accepted films must agree to upload their films directly onto the the platform and linked to our channel. Details on how to do this will be available in our acceptance letter and on our website. If you are accepted as part of our festival but decide not to upload the films to our Channel a submission refund will not be issued.
By submitting your project via FilmFreeway.com to Vineyard Film Festival you hereby agree to be legally bound by the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Vineyard Film Festival is not responsible for the streaming quality of online submissions uploaded through FilmFreeway. If your entry is unable to be watched by our administrators due to issues with your upload, your film will be disqualified and no refund will be made. You are free to include an additional private link through Vimeo or YouTube where your film can be viewed by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Films must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2012. The filmmaker represents and warrants that the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead and s/he fully indemnifies Vineyard Film Festival against any claim made for such violations of the law.
3. Vineyard Film Festival does not, under any circumstances, pay screening fees or a percentage of ticket sales. By submitting your film, you are agreeing to screen your film online without a screening fee or any other compensation if selected. The same applies if your film is chosen to have a live screening.
4. Live screenings will be held at a separate date to the online festival screenings. Details will be discussed by e-mail with the entrant. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions all screenings will be online for the foreseeable future).
5. Entry fees are paid in US Dollars and are non-refundable. Please not that we do NOT waive entry fees. We understand the costs involved in filmmaking and that you are hopefully submitting to many festivals so we have kept our fees as low as possible.
6. All entries will be acknowledged by email or through the FilmFreeway communication system.
7. If for some reason the Festival determines that a submission no longer meets all of the criteria listed after acceptance, the submission will be designated ineligible and no refund will be issued.
8. Selection of an entry to Vineyard Film Festival grants the Festival the right to screen your trailer and use your name, poster (with our screening date added) and likeness for promotional purposes without compensation. Filmmakers are responsible for securing clearances or legal permission for the use of any copyrighted musical, cinematic, or literary materials.
9. Submission of an entry to the Festival does not guarantee that a work will be shown. Vineyard Film Festival reserves the right to refuse to screen any film online or live.
10. All rights to the submitted material remain with the entrant. The Festival administrators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
11. The entrant will promote Vineyard Film Festival and their screening on their social media and websites and tag the festival using #vineyardfilmfestival. If their entry wins a Certificate they agree to post a photo with the certificate once it has been received.
12. All entrants agree to be included in the public voting for the best film in each category and understand that the administrators cannot and will not influence the final outcome in any way. The voting forms will be handled on the JotForm platform.
1. All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway. Filmmakers must complete the online registration form in full prior to submission.
2. Once your film has been accepted by Vineyard Film Festival a trailer of your film and a poster must be sent to the administrator within 3 days. Details will be given in the acceptance communication.
Each entered film must be submitted separately and pay a separate submission fee.
1. Selected films will be notified via email using the information provided on the submitted entry form. Changes in the entrant’s contact information may be made by contacting the festival at email@example.com .
2. Selected films wishing to be screened on our website must provide Vineyard with a link or embed code from YouTube or Vimeo (or similar reliable video presentation platform).
3. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.)