Veterans Film Festival is dedicated to sharing stories that explore real or imagined perspectives on warfare and its influence on society..
The Veterans Film Festival (VFF) presents an annual program that showcases the human experience of our serving and ex serving personnel and their families. We also include stories about the influences, impact and the complex situations before, during and after war.
The Veterans’ Film Festival presents a unique annual festival program: feature films and short films, film competitions, spotlights and retrospectives, film and TV previews, special screenings, industry events, networking sessions, discussion panels and other events.
The festival embraces all genres, including:
Action, Adventure, Alternative, Animation, Art, Avantgarde, Biography, Classics, Comedy, Comedy Drama, Crime, Culture, Dance, Dark Comedy, Documentary, Family, Fantastic, Fantasy, Film Noir, Flash, Health, History, Horror, Human Rights, Independent, Kids, LGBTI, Live Action, Medical, Melodrama, Mockumentary, Music Video’s, Mystery, Nature, News, Parody, Postmodern, Realism, Reality, Religion, Road Trip, Romance, Romantic Comedy, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent movie, Social Issues, Spiritual, Surreal, Thriller, Transgender, Underground, Urban, War, Western… and more.
The Veterans Film Festival is curated by a not for profit creative enterprise that engages, entertains and educates audiences by showcasing films made by creatives of all ages, cultures and abilities around the world.
Red Poppy Award for Best Feature Film
Red Poppy Award for Best Short Film
Other Veterans Film Festival Awards
- Best Animation
- Best Female Actor
- Best Male Actor
- Best Music/Sound
- Best Student Filmmaker Award
Terms and Conditions
1. Veterans Film Festival (hereafter known as ‘VFF’) - ABN 17 618 350 791, is organised by the Board and Staff of the Veterans Film Festival. The VFF is a non-commercial organisation, incorporated in New South Wales (NSW) as a non-profit-making company under the Corporations Act 2001.
2. All filmmakers submitting a film to the VFF, accept and agree to comply with the following ‘Terms and Conditions’
3. The VFF is open to filmmakers, including serving and ex-serving defence personnel of all ages, abilities from across the globe.
4. VFF only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed.
5. VFF accept films in any language… However, films not made in English must have English subtitles.
6. The person submitting a film to VFF is ‘You’ or ‘Your’ and You agree that Your film may be screened at VFF if it is selected.
7. All submission fees are non-refundable.
8. Student filmmaker category entrants must be registered in a recognised university, college, high school, middle school or elementary school with proof of ID from the institution to qualify for the relevant fees:
These entrants must supply the following:
- Your Student ID
- Name of school, college or university
- Name of Your Course
- Name of you Lecture or teacher
- Email of lecturer or teacher
How to Submit
- Complete and submit Your online submission form
- Pay relevant Submission fee
- Films must be submitted via an online platform
9. You must also supply:
- Production credits and contact details
- 5 Photos for promotional purposes, no smaller than 1024 x 576 pixels
- a one paragraph synopsis (English)
- director's statement about the film
- the director's photo, biography and filmography
- an online copy of the film; as well as any other documentation that might contribute to the promotion of the work.
- Electronic Press Kit for promotional use (Optional)
- Film Poster (Optional)
- A short trailer of the film (Optional)
10. All films will be accepted and assessed with the view to screening them at a VFF event. All films included in the Official Selection will be screened at a venue.
11. Screening events are scheduled during the VFF at the discretion of VFF. We undertake to make every effort to adhere to the published schedule program, however, VFF reserves the right to alter this schedule and screening event at any time for any reason. VFF does not accept any liability for any costs claimed to arise as a result of a change in the scheduling.
12. Awards may be presented during the festival at the discretion of the organisers and the Jury Panel. All awards will be listed on our website.
13. By submitting a film, You grant us the right to screen Your film, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof, up to one (1) minute of the film submission. We may also use Your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by You to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote VFF, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase Your film.
14. You own the copyright to Your film as its author and represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of VFF and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use Your film and You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
15. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to VFF and its curation and all related events. We take no responsibility for the information supplied by filmmakers to the VFF.
16. You indemnify and hold harmless VFF from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.
For further information contact Veterans Film Festival: email@example.com